Windows 10: Change pool storage type

Discus and support Change pool storage type in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have just installed 6 new 8Tb disk into my computer, connected to the raid sata logins. I went into the windows storage spaces and created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tehnika Restart, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Change pool storage type

Hello,
    I have just installed 6 new 8Tb disk into my computer, connected to the raid sata logins.
    I went into the windows storage spaces and created a new pool, and a new storage with all these disks.
    I did everything according to the information provided, i made a parity resilience type, named it and set a drive letter for it.
    And set it to create.
    But when it was created, it showed up in my explorer, in the network section. I can access it and copy files to it, but it shows as a disconnected network drive.
    I would like it to move it to to devices and drives section, so that I can see all the time how much space it has.
    How can I do that?
    Regards,
    Mislav

:)

Tehnika Restart, Feb 5, 2019

2. storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10

Hi, Kevien99C,

When you add new drives to an existing pool, it's a good idea to optimize drive usage. This will move some of your data to the newly added drive to make the best use of the pool's capacity. It'll happen by default when you add a new drive to an upgraded pool
    in Windows 10—you'll see a check box for Optimize to spread existing data across all drives selected when you add the drive. However, if you cleared that check box or added drives before upgrading a pool, you'll need to manually optimize drive usage. To do
    so, type Storage Spaces in the search box on the taskbar, select Storage Spaces from the list of search results, and then select Optimize drive usage.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12438/...

Smittychat., Feb 5, 2019
  3. How to remove external hard disk from storage pool on Windows 10

Hi Velen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about removing the external hard disk from storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below steps to: Remove a physical disk by using Windows PowerShell
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the command replacing <diskname> with the disk name:

• Set-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName <diskname> -Usage Retired
    (If the pool is clustered, you will need to run this command on the cluster node which has the cluster resource for the pool online.)

3. Prior to performing step 5, you must wait for all active repair jobs to complete. To monitor the status of repair jobs, type the following command:
    Get-StorageJob

4. Type the following command: Remove-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName <diskname>

5. Physically disconnect the old disk.

For further reference: Storage Spaces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 5, 2019
  4. 333t Win User

Change pool storage type

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Change pool storage type

1. Change pool storage type - Similar Threads - Change pool storage

2. How to Change Storage Spaces in Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Change Storage Spaces in Storage Pool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Storage Spaces feature on Windows 10, allows PC users to store two copies of […] This article How to Change Storage Spaces in Storage Pool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. storage pools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage pools: I have three 1 TB drives in my computer. Two of them are configured as a RAID1 mirrored drive, and the third drive is for backup. Today, for the first time, I became aware of storage pools, and when I explored my setup, I found that some space on my RAID1 drive is assigned to...
  4. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  5. create storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create storage pool: I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged in a new storage...
  6. Storage Pool missing

Storage Pool missing: Hello. I had four 4TB drives in a 8TB Storage Pool mirrored setup. I was trying to use the "Remove"-option to replace one of the disks. After clicking it, Windows became unresponsive and then bluescreen. When Windows booted back up, the Storage Pool was missing, and the...
  7. Add Storage Pool

Add Storage Pool: Hey guys, I am have trouble a storage pool to my small HP stream it comes up with error 0x00000032 If someone could give me step by step instructions on how to fix this it would be much appreciated. Thanks...
  8. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  9. storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10

storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10: I want to change a storage pool capacity (to fully utilize 4x4TB drives) or delete the storage pool and space and start over. All help I can find shows a "change" and "delete" button; all I have is View files. The powershell method of deleting didn't work either. All data...
  10. Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to change the name, drive letter, and size of a storage space...