Windows 10: change pre-login screen not lock screen

Discus and support change pre-login screen not lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen endless chains without answers that work reliably, and don't understand why Microsoft doesn't set up a question for Windows 10 users. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wilhoff_ret, Aug 7, 2020.

1. change pre-login screen not lock screen

I have seen endless chains without answers that work reliably, and don't understand why Microsoft doesn't set up a question for Windows 10 users. Here is my question: How do I change the .jpg picture that comes up when I first turn on the computer? I am not referring to the lock screen, which comes after you first hit a key or move the mouse. That has a different photo, which I know how to set from Personalization. I can't find the annoying pre-login picture that comes up - in Pictures, Downloads, Documents, Desktop, anywhere. I want to get rid of it. I also would like to get rid of that first screen entirely if possible, so that the computer opens with the log-in screen. HELP PLEASE!

:)

Wilhoff_ret, Aug 7, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

change pre-login screen not lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 7, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Aug 7, 2020
  4. dacrone Win User

change pre-login screen not lock screen

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

change pre-login screen not lock screen

1. change pre-login screen not lock screen - Similar Threads - change pre login

2. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  3. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  4. How to disable the pre-login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable the pre-login screen?: I want to disable the pre-login screen, the screen that appears "before" entering your password. I think it is a waste of time to click away that screen every single time. Please note that I am talking about the useless screen displaying an image before the screen you type in...
  5. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  6. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  7. Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds

Difficulty Changing Lock and Login Screens Backgrounds: Hello! I'm having some difficulty changing my lock and login screens backgrounds. Recently, I created my own theme using various free backgrounds I found online. When I set the theme as my background it worked fine. I have also set that theme as my lock screen and that...
  8. Windows 10 - Changing Pre Login screen picture

Windows 10 - Changing Pre Login screen picture: How do I do it please? version 1803 build 17134.165 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/windows-10-changing-pre-login-screen-picture/aea66a6f-1110-4ce4-977c-fd43164aa8f9
  9. Pre-login screen images in Win 10

Pre-login screen images in Win 10: Anyone know where they are? 67715
  10. Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot: win 10 pro 1709. Home computer. In the 3 plus months since I have had the notebook I have never used the lock screen. I do use the login screen each and every time I power up (I believe I know I can do away with the log in screen but I like it) and I am greeted by the same...