Windows 10: Change primary profile e-mail address

Discus and support Change primary profile e-mail address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulThaxton, May 14, 2023.

1. Change primary profile e-mail address

I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I get a message "this address is already associated with the account. I don't get an option to make it my primary login e-mail address. Therefore, when Microsoft tries to send my access codes, they try to send it to my old address.Windows 10 system using Microsoft 365

:)

PaulThaxton, May 14, 2023

2. Removing My past primary E-mail address and applying My new Primary E-mail address?

changing My primary E-mail Address for My Microsoft Account.Thank You.

Kenneth Louis Albert Galli, May 14, 2023
  3. Removing My past primary E-mail address and applying My new Primary E-mail address?

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Where exactly are you trying to change the Primary e-mail account?
    • Are you trying to change the email address associated with your Microsoft User account in Windows 10?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 14, 2023
  4. Change primary profile e-mail address

MICROSOFT FAX | Microsoft primary E-mail change then unable to access any contacts in fax

Hi Computer Experts!

MICROSOFT E-MAIL CHANGE -> FAX CONTACTS NOT ACCESSIBLE

I changed my Microsoft primary E-mail to my new E-mail then I was unable to access my Contact list in Microsoft fax. The only way I am able to access my Contact list in Microsoft Fax is by reverting back my Microsoft primary E-mail to my old E-mail.

ERROR MESSAGES

The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you may not have permissions.

The search cannot be completed. You must have an address list to search in. If you don't have an address list, contact your Microsoft Exchange administrator.

I would appreciate any help.

Sunita Shailam, May 14, 2023
Thema:

Change primary profile e-mail address

1. Change primary profile e-mail address - Similar Threads - Change primary profile

2. Change primary profile e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary profile e-mail address: I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I...
  3. Change primary profile e-mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change primary profile e-mail address: I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I...
  4. Changing e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing e-mail address: Recently I've come home and since I remember I have a PC with Windows 8.1 not in the best state, but still working I'd want to change the e-mail address linked with the account I have on my PC. I'd also want to change the e-mail address on my Microsoft account. At the same...
  5. Changing e-mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing e-mail address: Recently I've come home and since I remember I have a PC with Windows 8.1 not in the best state, but still working I'd want to change the e-mail address linked with the account I have on my PC. I'd also want to change the e-mail address on my Microsoft account. At the same...
  6. Changing an e-mail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing an e-mail address: We moved house last year and we changed our e-mail address to include an indication of our new address. However, I am finding it impossible to close the old e-mail address in Microsoft and transfer any information still retained on it to our new e-mail address. I have tried...
  7. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  8. Change E-mail Address In Your Info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change E-mail Address In Your Info: Hi My provider Tele2 Sweden is ending all e-mail services in February 2021 so I need to change my e-mail address associated YOUR INFO in my Microsoft account from tele2.se to my outlook e-mail address that I already have. Any help would be greatly appreciated Mark...
  9. E mail address change windows settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    E mail address change windows settings: Hi, Been a while since last here, but I have a question. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 2004, and I see on my setting page my avatar and E mail address. Is there any way to change this address, I have tried changing Microsoft Account primary address but this did not...
  10. e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...