Windows 10: change printing from offline to online how do I do this

Discus and support change printing from offline to online how do I do this in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I change my printer from offline to online printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DAMIANCalmett, Nov 5, 2018.

1. change printing from offline to online how do I do this

How do I change my printer from offline to online printing

:)

DAMIANCalmett, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

Both printers register offline for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Resetting the power to your printer is a quick way to reset the printing system and prepare for further troubleshooting if necessary.

• If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer:

• If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.

• If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

• Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.

• If you are using a USB cable or network cable, make sure that the cable has not become disconnected or damaged.

• Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.

• Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

• Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

• If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

• Try to print.

• If you can print, the printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.

• If the printer cannot print and remains offline, continue to the next step.

Jessen P, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 5, 2018
  4. change printing from offline to online how do I do this

after latest windows 10 update, I cannot even print offline, also it says is preview loading, but it does not

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in offline printing after installing the latest update on your device. Let me try to help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to printing any specific document?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

change printing from offline to online how do I do this

1. change printing from offline to online how do I do this - Similar Threads - change printing offline

2. How do I get the printer online from an offline status?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the printer online from an offline status?: How do I get the printer online from an offline status? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-printer-online-from-an-offline/216c8cf6-923a-4ad9-8889-3a513b197e2b
  3. How do I get the printer online from an offline status?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the printer online from an offline status?: How do I get the printer online from an offline status? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-printer-online-from-an-offline/216c8cf6-923a-4ad9-8889-3a513b197e2b
  4. how do I change to work online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change to work online: work online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-to-work-online/4de45599-ab39-4204-9c1f-a87e5526108f
  5. How can I change a printer from offline to online?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I change a printer from offline to online?: How can I change a printer from offline to online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-a-printer-from-offline-to-online/00523cd7-9747-4970-8def-cba95f488a84
  6. My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?

My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?: My printer status is offline which means it is unable to print a document etc. But it prints test pages and from my iPhone. My question is how do I change the status to online? Thank you...
  7. How do I move printer status from OFFLINE to ONLINE?

How do I move printer status from OFFLINE to ONLINE?: Default printer remains OFFLINE .. How do I change status to ONLINE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-printer-status-from-offline-to/91778927-bd67-46ff-9e8f-4cb6c0498d28
  8. How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online?

How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online?: How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online? We had a new BT modem installed yesterday and the printer was working afterwards, but it's not working today. It's Murphy's law - I have lots of printing to do and have promised to do some for one of my...
  9. How to change Offline to online

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Offline to online: How do I change offline to online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-offline-to-online/da6527fc-de53-4c17-a073-f8412c5cd2db
  10. How do I turn an offline printer online?

How do I turn an offline printer online?: How do you turn a printer that's offline to online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-an-offline-printer-online/0402aa06-24d3-4587-a718-e71bfa0a38d0