Windows 10: Change product key back to original

Discus and support Change product key back to original in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I my son have recently bought a used pc with win 10 enterprise. Win is activated but we always had problems with updates. when i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KlubbFemtisjuan, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Change product key back to original

Hi all,

I my son have recently bought a used pc with win 10 enterprise.

Win is activated but we always had problems with updates.

when i tried to understand why i discovered that the pc came originally with another product key for win 8.1 and our version is activated with something called kmspico.

Is it possible to change back to the original key and activate win from that?

thanks for any help

/Nils

:)

KlubbFemtisjuan, Dec 21, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Dec 21, 2020
  3. I lost my original MS Insider Product Key for Windows 10 Help!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What do you mean by Windows 10 product key?
    • Are you referring to previous Windows key?
    • From where did you purchase the product key?
    If the operating system was preinstalled (OEM) then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer or if you have purchased the product key from retail store like Microsoft store or from any store I suggest you to contact them to get the Original Windows product
    key only then we can activate the Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Change product key back to original

Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Change product key back to original

1. Change product key back to original - Similar Threads - Change product key

2. How to revert back to original windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  3. How to revert back to original windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  4. How to revert back to original windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Original Product Key Insertion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Original Product Key Insertion: Hi,I was studying a docker course when I was setting up the docker I wanted to activate Hyper V, but this feature was not available, I had to change my product key, but now I want to insert my original product key, and when I try to insert it, it sends me this message 'the...
  6. Original Product Key Insertion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Original Product Key Insertion: Hi,I was studying a docker course when I was setting up the docker I wanted to activate Hyper V, but this feature was not available, I had to change my product key, but now I want to insert my original product key, and when I try to insert it, it sends me this message 'the...
  7. Finding Original Product Key

Finding Original Product Key: Is there anyway to find the first product key you used in your computer? If yes, please tell me how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-original-product-key/bb95519b-40bb-48d3-9963-486909a8de1a
  8. Motherboard changed and can't use original product key

Motherboard changed and can't use original product key: How do you contact Microsoft for windows 10 activation issues with a hardware change. Need to talk to a real person. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-changed-and-cant-use-original-product/c8fd8452-5124-46e3-b761-70ee28e31186
  9. Windows original product key

Windows original product key: I am using hp laptop. My original product key got blurred and I have no idea about retailer. Please let me know how to get the original product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-original-product-key/446eaf65-e967-4e43-84d1-4e16b7135da8"
  10. Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key

Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key: My system was attacked by malware and then I have made a clean installation of Windows 10. but after that when I'm entering my original product key by using the option change product key, i'm getting the following error ---------------------------------------------- Unable...