Windows 10: Change Pronunciations in Narrator

Discus and support Change Pronunciations in Narrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnnabelleBaradine, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Change Pronunciations in Narrator

Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I ask is because whenever I write my family name, "Baradine", it seems to pronounce it as "Bar ah dine", when it's supposed to be pronounced "Bare a deen", to rhyme with "Josephine". Does Narrator have a parameter that supports Symbolic Phonetic Representation SPR? For example: Baradine `[.1bEr.0x.2din]. in symbolic phonetic representation, "x" is equivalent to the schwa sound, lowercase i is equivalent to "ee", and uppercase E is equivalent to "e

:)

AnnabelleBaradine, Oct 9, 2022
  2. OlafBacon Win User

narrator pronunciation of word

Please revise pronunciation of word "Deuteronomy" by narrator, which speaks it as "Deuteromy".

OlafBacon, Oct 9, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 9, 2022
  4. Sern Lee Win User

Change Pronunciations in Narrator

Narrator cause mention pop out feature doesn't work correctly

Hi, currently I have encounter an issue that with Narrator turn on, the website @ mention feature is unable to work correctly.
    This issue also able to reproduce in microsoft team web version (Checking your credentials...), google sheet and etc.

Step to reproduce:
    1. Open narrator
    2. Open microsoft team in web version
    3. In any group chat, type '@'.

4. A suggestion list will popup.

5. Unable to continue key in any text to filter the suggestion list. Narrator will voice 'unavailable' upon key press.

p/s: It seems like Narrator will auto focus on the popup suggestion list option which have been implemented with aria-selected='true' and cause the input key no longer working.

Kindly let me know if there is any suggestion or finding on the issue above. Thanks.

Sern Lee, Oct 9, 2022
Thema:

Change Pronunciations in Narrator

1. Change Pronunciations in Narrator - Similar Threads - Change Pronunciations Narrator

2. Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator: How do I get an audio manual for using narrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/narrator/76edb956-9640-40bb-90f8-384e5b509516
  3. Change Pronunciations in Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Pronunciations in Narrator: Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I ask is because whenever I write my family name, "Baradine", it seems to pronounce it as "Bar ah dine", when it's supposed to be...
  4. Narrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Narrator: This is a bit of a strange query!I use Kindle for PC. I have a kindle e-textbook "Reading Koine Greek". This book uses "Text-to-Speech TTS with Kindle for PC". The book has both English and Greek text. The English text is converted to speech. The Greek text is not converted....
  5. Narrator.

Narrator.: i. cannot. disable. it. Its's annoying! when i formatted my ssd in order to reinstall windows, it activated on itself and whenever im trying to turn it off, it doesn't actually turn off....
  6. Cortana hearing and pronunciation issues

in Cortana
    Cortana hearing and pronunciation issues: I have just changed from Mac to Surface Book 2 and I am encountering some small problems with Cortana. 1. I changed my name on Cortana and its pronunciation and she will say it back correctly but right after she won't say it the same way when I ask her to say my name. 2....
  7. NARRATOR !!!!!!!!!!

NARRATOR !!!!!!!!!!: Is anybody able to tell me how I can stop the pesky narrator app for as long as I don't intentionally restart it or any related app (i.e. probably "text to speech", before I toss my innocent, brand new laptop out of the next available window, open or shut ! Many thank,...
  8. Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator: I'm surprised that searching for "narrator" returns no matches at all in this forum. So I guess I'm the first Windows 10 Home user to have the narrator come on when I don't want it. I eventually figured out how to turn it off that one time. It isn't easy to do. I'd like to...
  9. Narrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator: All of a sudden, the "Narrator", auto-starts on boot-up while "Narrator" is turned off in 'Ease of Access'. I can exit Narrator but cannot find out why it is auto-starting? 31132
  10. Can't change Narrator settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change Narrator settings: Hello, I'm trying to change the voice and other settings for the Narrator program in Windows 10 Ease of Use. My settings are grayed out even after I turn it on (which is supposed to make the settings available). I go out of the Ease of Use settings and back in to find the...