Windows 10: Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location

Discus and support Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have moved everything from the Pictures folder in C:\Users\Owner to a Pictures folder on my E drive. I want to change the location on the Quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BobZ, Dec 31, 2020.

1. BobZ Win User

Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location

I have moved everything from the Pictures folder in C:\Users\Owner to a Pictures folder on my E drive. I want to change the location on the Quick Access and This PC menus to the new location. I don't have to move any files or folders.
    Running Win 10 Pro up to date.

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location

Folder invisible when it shouldn't be.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to Libraries and right click on the libraries.

• Select restore default libraries.

I also suggest you to change the location again after restoring the default libraries.

You may follow the steps below to change the location.

• Right click on the documents Quick Access list.

• Go to properties.

• Under Location, change the location, Select Ok and Click on Apply.

Kindly conform whether you have checked the Hidden attributes. To do so, Right click on Documents in the Quick Access list and go to the properties option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location

1. Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location - Similar Threads - Change Quick Access

2. Unable to change 'Pictures' library folder back to a Non-OneDrive location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change 'Pictures' library folder back to a Non-OneDrive location.: This has been asked before by another user, without any solution. Please help.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-pictures-library-folder-back-to-a/3acd10e0-6e4e-4e96-a709-fadf1f16a64a...
  3. Unable to change 'Pictures' library folder back to a Non-OneDrive location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change 'Pictures' library folder back to a Non-OneDrive location.: This has been asked before by another user, without any solution. Please help.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-pictures-library-folder-back-to-a/3acd10e0-6e4e-4e96-a709-fadf1f16a64a...
  4. How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10: The Quick Access folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 opens by default instead of This PC as it was done in previous Windows versions (you can still configure File Explorer to open This PC instead of Quick Access). This folder shows recent files and frequent folders in a...
  5. Quick Access and Pictures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Access and Pictures: Hello, I am really confused and frustrated because I went to go to screenshot something on my pc, and it says it has been saved to my computer but when i went onto pictures, my screenshot wasn't there and instead it was on Quick Access and I don't knowhow to put my screenshot...
  6. Cannot change pictures location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot change pictures location: I want to backup all my data to a hard drive and not onedrive, and the only problem that i cannot solve is this error: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." i tried this:...
  7. Moving quick access library folders (music, pictures, etc.) to hard drive from ssd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving quick access library folders (music, pictures, etc.) to hard drive from ssd?: I got a new windows 10 laptop (last laptop was windows 8). This new laptop has a solid state drive and a hard drive on it. I want to have the library folders location on my hard drive since it is much larger than my ssd. The library folders are currently directed under...
  8. Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder: In File Explorer, Quick Access I can search for files and will see results from Documents, Music, and Video. But to find anything in Pictures I have to navigate to that folder specifically to search it. I've looked in vain for a setting that would let the Pictures folder be...
  9. Quick Access - lost desktop as a location

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access - lost desktop as a location: I seem to have lost Desktop as a print to and Quick Access location. *Confused Seemed to coincide with this past Tuesday's update (3/1/16). Also lost Desktop as a print to location. Went though a google search and I cant seem to get it back. Appreciate all thoughts,...
  10. Changing library location changes all other libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing library location changes all other libraries: My downloads, documents, videos, desktop library folders are labeled as Documents and when I change one of the locations they all change. 53948