Windows 10: Change "RAW" file type to NTFS file type from windows image backup file on EHD

Discus and support Change "RAW" file type to NTFS file type from windows image backup file on EHD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days back I been having alot of trouble backing up and using file history getting an error that it couldn't be completed. I tried the next day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SinovegJyrogonka, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Change "RAW" file type to NTFS file type from windows image backup file on EHD

A few days back I been having alot of trouble backing up and using file history getting an error that it couldn't be completed. I tried the next day and managed to get the backup to work at least. I tried to move the files from my external hard drive(WB My essentials EHD) to desktop and it seemed to work, but computer went REALLY slow. I completed it, but had the black screen of death and tried everything and searched everywhere to try and to log on windows, but always had the windows logo and it just wouldn't start. So I assume that the last windows update went horribly wrong so I wiped everything on windows using a bootable cd a friend gave me called Windows Boot Genius.

I managed to restore windows again and when I tried to restore files from eternal hard drive where I saved the backup image file, it tells me this error:

Couldn't Mount File

I open it in disk management and assign it to letter F: , but it always tells me to reformat before I can open it.

My computer is a Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit if that helps.

I tried the cmd command disk Diskpart G(Drive letter I chose): /FS :NTFS, but I always get the command list.

Is there any way I can change file system from raw to NTFS so I can get my files? Or will I have to use a recovery program to get everything? I REALLY don't want to reformat it.

:)

SinovegJyrogonka, Oct 10, 2018

2. file types for HTPC

which one would you consider the best file type for HTPC movies and tv shows?

best= quality of picture and audio

copenhagen69, Oct 10, 2018
  3. How to change "File type" (aka file type description) of files

Hello everyone

I would like to edit the file type descriptions of a number of file types on my computer. I mean the text that is written in the "File Type" column. For example, after installing Opera browser, all HTML and HTM files have the "File Type" of "Opera Web Document", but I would like to change the File Type for HTML files to "HTML file" and for HTM files to "HTM file".

In Windows 7 I used a utility called Default Programs Editor, but that utility doesn't quite work on Windows 10 anymore. I have some file types here that do not show up in the list of registered file types, which I want to change. For example, I have WSXZ files which are opened by a program called SDL, and the "File Type" according to Windows 10 is "SDL WSXZ Document", but I would like to change that to "WSXZ Forward Package File".

How can I do this? Is there an easy way to do it?

Thanks
    Samuel

ugcheleuce, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Change "RAW" file type to NTFS file type from windows image backup file on EHD

Changing the File Type on an Outlook *.OST file.

I did a stupid thing and inadvertently changed the file type of an Outlook 2016 OST file to a PDF file. I have tried to change the type of file that *.OST is used by to Outlook but Windows 10 does not let me. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

CliveChambers1, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Change "RAW" file type to NTFS file type from windows image backup file on EHD

1. Change "RAW" file type to NTFS file type from windows image backup file on EHD - Similar Threads - Change RAW file

2. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.: What does, "The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. " mean?The HDD seems OK.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3803] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\david>chkdsk D: The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. Volume label...
  3. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.: What does, "The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. " mean?The HDD seems OK.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3803] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\david>chkdsk D: The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. Volume label...
  4. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. NTFS file system changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS file system changed to RAW: I encountered a power loss during a Microsoft update and now one of my external drives is showing "RAW" instead of "NTFS". I tried to execute the command: "convert K: /fs:NTFS" but it tells me "Drive K: is already NTFS.". Are there multiple places where the file system type...
  6. Changing the file type assocation for a file

Changing the file type assocation for a file: Hi! I've been trying to get rid of Notepad++ as my automatic JSON file launcher thingy but I haven't been able to even after resetting to the defaults. I've tried many solutions I've seen on here but nothing seems to work. I've even deleted Notepad++ but it's not working, and...
  7. The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives

in Windows 10 News
    The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CHKDSK is a useful tool when you need to repair bad or corrupt sectors of your hard disk. But at times, when trying to run this Disk Checking tool you may see an error message – The type of the [...] This post The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is...
  8. SRT files type changed!

SRT files type changed!: Hi, i installed KMplayer mins ago and it changed the type of SRT files! i need to make the notepad the default program as previous, how can i did this [ATTACH] i tried to chose it from here and nothing won't change! and i wesnt to setting - default apps - choose...
  9. change file type

in Windows 10 Support
    change file type: I was looking through a file within the file called" Windows8 OS". The file was called "Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.32" and it was a "LFL" file type. In trying to open it I inadvertently changed it to a "BC" file type. Question, how do I change it back to it's...
  10. How to change "File type" (aka file type description) of files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change "File type" (aka file type description) of files: Hello everyone I would like to edit the file type descriptions of a number of file types on my computer. I mean the text that is written in the "File Type" column. For example, after installing Opera browser, all HTML and HTM files have the "File Type" of "Opera Web...