Windows 10: Change registered owner and administrator

Discus and support Change registered owner and administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change my registered owner name? And, administrator name?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RuthRich, Jan 4, 2020.

1. RuthRich Win User

Change registered owner and administrator

How do I change my registered owner name? And, administrator name?

:)

RuthRich, Jan 4, 2020

2. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed
    as administrator. But at sign in at start up I listed as owner. As well in Power Shell ISE How I do change that ? Thank you

CharlesLaMonte, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Skiff640 Win User

Excel changes the owner of file during save

I just duplicated the problem with a brand new Excel file that had nothing to do with the old XP machine ...
    • Signed in as the original owner who is in the administrator group
    • Created a new Excel file in the same folder as above
    • Edited the file with Excel as the original owner ... saved
    • Checked ownership and permissions. Everything looks OK, including the inherited permissions from the folder
    • Signed off
    • Signed on as a second user who is not in the Administrator group
    • Edited the the file with Excel as the second user ... saved the file with changes
    • Signed off
    • Signed on as the original owner
    • Checked ownership and permissions. The ownership of the file has changed to the second user.

The original and second users are the exact same users described in the post above. Uggghhh ...

Clueless in Houston ...

Skiff640, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Change registered owner and administrator - Similar Threads - Change registered owner

2. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  3. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  4. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change PC Owner/Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change PC Owner/Administrator: Hi Guys -Hoping someone could provide a little guidance/help.I got a new Windows laptop so I am giving my Mom my old one. My email address is currently the primary administrator on this laptop. I want to remove my Windows account completely from the old laptop aka I want...
  6. Change from owner to administrator

Change from owner to administrator: I apparently made a big boo boo on my new computer. I'm the only user, and I saw that in the account settings I could set myself as the 'owner'. Which made sense since I'm the only one using it and I bought it. However, that seems to have revoked my role as...
  7. Owner vs Administrator

Owner vs Administrator: What is the difference between an "Owner" and "Administrator?" Are both needed? Can both be the same with same information? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/owner-vs-administrator/3ba2598d-00e6-4cf6-87b9-0bcc446597e9
  8. Would like to change from owner to administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Would like to change from owner to administrator: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed as administrator....
  9. How to change the Registered Owner & Organization Info in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Registered Owner & Organization Info in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you install and activate Windows, the license is technically under your name or whoever owns the computer. But if you type winver in the Run prompt, the results will be surprising. It will say — The product is licensed [...] This post How to change the...
  10. Change Registered Owner and Organization in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Registered Owner and Organization in Windows 10: How to: Change Registered Owner and Organization in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, Windows 10 is installed with the registered owner as "Windows User" and an empty organization name for the PC. Since many apps you install will reference and use the...