Windows 10: Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...

Discus and support Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm looking to change the directory paths of User Shell Folders ex: documents, favorites. I know I can do this easily by right clicking and going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Berganda, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Berganda Win User

Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...

I'm looking to change the directory paths of User Shell Folders ex: documents, favorites.

I know I can do this easily by right clicking and going to properties. But I'd like to automate this process.

I found that there are registry values to each that can be modified:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...l-folders-to-a-specified-path-by-using-profil

This is great, but I realized there are missing folders.

Folders such as Contacts, Searches, and SavedGames don't seem to be there.

Is this because these registry keys need to be created or are they stored elsewhere?

Thanks

:)

Berganda, Jan 16, 2020

2. missing shell icons registry

hi, i have tried to modify the folder icon so that whenever i create a new folder, the icon will automatically changed to the one I have set.

but i cant find the shell icons registry.

any1 can help me on this?

thanks in advance.

or is there any other method to change the folder icon?

silverwing, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 16, 2020
  4. GG1958 Win User

Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...

Windows 10: Missing TrayNotify folder in Registry

I just did what you suggested and everything is perfect for the new user I set up. When I log in with my user account then the notification area and icons are missing. Do I need to copy the files from the registry of new user and paste into the reg folder
    of my user account?

GG1958, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry... - Similar Threads - Change registry values

2. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  3. Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO: Hello people,My goal is to change the location of two user Shell Folders located under %USERPROFILE%\AppData with a GPO.The keys in question are named Local AppData and AppData, which are located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell...
  4. Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO: Hello people,My goal is to change the location of two user Shell Folders located under %USERPROFILE%\AppData with a GPO.The keys in question are named Local AppData and AppData, which are located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell...
  5. Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. User Shell Folders Registry Keys - Update with GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Shell Folders Registry Keys - Update with GPO: Hello people,My goal is to change the location of two user Shell Folders located under %USERPROFILE%\AppData with a GPO.The keys in question are named Local AppData and AppData, which are located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell...
  7. Delete registry key in user shell folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete registry key in user shell folders: After renaming my User account, my user shell folders all messed up due to OneDrive and I have these two additional folders that are not the default user folders.How can I delete them safely? is it as simple as pressing delete?...
  8. User Shell Folders messed up in registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Shell Folders messed up in registry: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hivdb8cde0l51.png?width=1240&format=png&auto=webp&s=c503dc2939d44c6ebaabdd34b852f5de2022673e Originally I moved my user folders to my D: drive, to clear some space on my C: drive. Yesterday I had to reinstall Windos to fiz a problem. I...
  9. Missing Registry Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Registry Folder: The "Winlogon" folder is missing from my Registry. How do I replace, please. Can I copy from another machine? 151830
  10. Missing Registry Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Registry Folder: The "Winlogon" folder is missing from my Registry. How do I replace, please. Can I copy from another machine? 151830