Windows 10: Change remote desktop port in windows 10

Discus and support Change remote desktop port in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My default connection port is 3389 but I want change it for some security reason so please help me to change the port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FareedAlvi, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Change remote desktop port in windows 10

My default connection port is 3389 but I want change it for some security reason so please help me to change the port

:)

FareedAlvi, Oct 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Remote Desktop

I was wondering if it's possible to change Windows Remote Desktop port number? I believe it uses port 3389. A friend of mine wants to connect to his work computer from home, but it's not possible because port 3389 hasn't been forwarded. And he does not have access to do so. Teamviewer works perfectly fine, but he prefers Remote Desktop

GoFigureItOut, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Change remote desktop port in windows 10

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Change remote desktop port in windows 10

1. Change remote desktop port in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change remote desktop

2. Remote Desktop to different port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop to different port: I have used remote desktop with a ssh tunnel to log into remote machines over the internet. This was accomplished by pointing to localhost:someport. Windows 11 RDP complains that I can't specify a port : is illegal. Is there a way around this???Thanks...
  3. Remote Desktop to different port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop to different port: I have used remote desktop with a ssh tunnel to log into remote machines over the internet. This was accomplished by pointing to localhost:someport. Windows 11 RDP complains that I can't specify a port : is illegal. Is there a way around this???Thanks...
  4. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.: I can get another service like VNC to listen on port 3389, and I can test connectivity to that port to verify it is not network/firewall related. RDP doesn't generate any errors. The service starts like normal, and if I restart it, it restarts like normal. I have enabled NLA,...
  5. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.: I can get another service like VNC to listen on port 3389, and I can test connectivity to that port to verify it is not network/firewall related. RDP doesn't generate any errors. The service starts like normal, and if I restart it, it restarts like normal. I have enabled NLA,...
  6. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Remote port for remote address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote port for remote address: I live on an island US territory 3hrs from Japan. I somehow always get connected to an address in Ireland when gaming online. My ISP services comes from California US. Using Task Manager/Resource Monitor, it shows that I am connected to remote address Ireland through remote...
  8. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Does anyone know how to make it possible to remote to my desktop from anywhere? submitted by /u/Vincent_29392 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0765h/windows_10_remote_desktop/
  9. Remote Desktop not working - Not listening to port 3389

Remote Desktop not working - Not listening to port 3389: I have a PC that is a host to our database. It has Windows 10 Pro on it. I am attempting to use Remote Desktop RD. I have disabled firewall and configured router for port 3389. When I use a port checker, it times out. Appears that the PC is not listening to the port. I...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers

Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers: Hi On previous versions of Windows you could put an IP address : portnumber i.e. 192.168.0.1:1234 Now in Windows 10 it says the : character is an illegal character so how do I define the port number to connect to for a remote desktop connection?? 17740