Windows 10: Change resolution without signing out?

Discus and support Change resolution without signing out? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So on my dell xps 13 that I just put windows 10 on, I'm looking for a way to have the icons rescale to the correct size when changing displays without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JCH19, Aug 4, 2015.

1. JCH19 Win User

Change resolution without signing out?

So on my dell xps 13 that I just put windows 10 on, I'm looking for a way to have the icons rescale to the correct size when changing displays without signing out? For example, I'll have it plugged into my monitor, then unplug the laptop to use it, and when the laptop screen turn's back on everything on the desktop is supper small. A sign out and in fixes this, but that's less then ideal. Thanks!!

:)

JCH19, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Dao808 Win User

Is there anyone who can help us out?

Dao808, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Nachappa C K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

I understand how you feel about the situation. I suggest you some steps which can resolve your issue.

Have you tried updating or reinstalling the graphics card driver?

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Display drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

1. Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.

2. Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.

3. Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

4. Under Driver, expand, then right click and select Uninstall.

5. If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.

6. Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and right click, then select Properties.

7. Select Compatibility Tab.

8. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

9. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Nachappa C K, Aug 4, 2015
  4. JCH19 Win User

So I looked some more, and it's looking like it's not possible without a sign out. Unless anyone knows of some third party software?

JCH19, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Change resolution without signing out? - Similar Threads - Change resolution without

2. Signing on without password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing on without password: Quite awhile ago I changed my startup process to eliminate signing on when my PC is turned on so that it would just go to my desktop/opening page. Yesterday I turned the PC off and then turned it back on a short while later, and now I have to sign on with a password to get...
  3. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  4. sign out option

sign out option: Ok i without realising i signed into my Windows 10 computer and accidentally put myself as the owner of the computer, but i'm not and this is someone elses computer, so now when i want to sign out from being the owner so that i don't waste my time, i can't find any sign out...
  5. Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission: Frankly, my migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was relatively smooth. Thanks to all the online advice about download and installation, any glitches I've encountered have been resolved.....until yesterday. I do not live my life online so the need to create a Microsoft...
  6. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...
  7. sign out on idle

sign out on idle: does anyone know how to get windows 10 to automatically sign out after idle for x amount of minutes? 64805
  8. how do we switch users without signing out?

how do we switch users without signing out?: We’ve had trouble switching between 2 users. We never had a “switch users” option. We would click on the icon for the other user and at first it worked. Then it started locking up the computer and the only way we could switch was to sign out and the other user sign in. Now it...
  9. sign out

sign out: I accidentally clicked on sign out. When I tried to come All I get is dark screen. My mouse arrow shows up and that's it. Is there anything I can do short of a reinstall? Thank you 8773
  10. Can't search without signing in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't search without signing in?: I'm having problems using the search on windows 10 being on a local account. I don't want to be signed in, but it's forcing me to or I can't search or properly see the start menu. I guess it was dumb of me to click next on the search feature but I didn't think it would always...