Windows 10: Change resolution without signing out?

Discus and support Change resolution without signing out? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So on my dell xps 13 that I just put windows 10 on, I'm looking for a way to have the icons rescale to the correct size when changing displays without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JCH19, Aug 4, 2015.

1. JCH19 Win User

Change resolution without signing out?

So on my dell xps 13 that I just put windows 10 on, I'm looking for a way to have the icons rescale to the correct size when changing displays without signing out? For example, I'll have it plugged into my monitor, then unplug the laptop to use it, and when the laptop screen turn's back on everything on the desktop is supper small. A sign out and in fixes this, but that's less then ideal. Thanks!!

:)

JCH19, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Dao808 Win User

Is there anyone who can help us out?

Dao808, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Change resolution without signing out?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

I understand how you feel about the situation. I suggest you some steps which can resolve your issue.

Have you tried updating or reinstalling the graphics card driver?

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Display drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

1. Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.

2. Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.

3. Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

4. Under Driver, expand, then right click and select Uninstall.

5. If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.

6. Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and right click, then select Properties.

7. Select Compatibility Tab.

8. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

9. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Nachappa C K, Aug 4, 2015
  4. JCH19 Win User

So I looked some more, and it's looking like it's not possible without a sign out. Unless anyone knows of some third party software?

JCH19, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Change resolution without signing out? - Similar Threads - Change resolution without

2. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.: Got a new computer and signed in yesterday, was connected to wifi and everything was fine. When going to a different location without wifi I cannot sign in without wifi. There is also no option to sign in without wifi or to sign out....
  3. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.: Got a new computer and signed in yesterday, was connected to wifi and everything was fine. When going to a different location without wifi I cannot sign in without wifi. There is also no option to sign in without wifi or to sign out....
  4. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't sign in to 2 accounts without signing out of one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in to 2 accounts without signing out of one: Hello, I have created two accounts on my PC. 1 is a Microsoft account, the Admin, and the other Is a Local account. But I am unable to switch between accounts without signing out from one. The 2nd account only shows at the log in window if I have signed out of the first. It...
  6. Computer lags out when changing resolution in game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer lags out when changing resolution in game: Whenever I play a game and I change the resolution to anything other than what my native resolution is on my monitor 1920x1080, the audio completely messes up and I keep freezing for 5-10 minutes. This problem only occurs when I have my external 1080p monitor plugged into my...
  7. Windows 10 2004 resolution change grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 2004 resolution change grayed out: Hi, So on Monday i decided to update my windows 10 installation from 1909 to the new 2004 version, everything was looking good, all drivers installed and working fine, but then after a random reboot no driver changes or anything, just rebooted the machine the resolution got...
  8. Whenever i alt-tab out of a game, it changes the resolution of windows to the resolution of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever i alt-tab out of a game, it changes the resolution of windows to the resolution of...: I play CS:GO on 1440x1080 so when i alt-tab, windows becomes 1440x1080. Unless I close the game, it stays like that. this happens with other games as well. Any fix for this? submitted by /u/Hassman620 [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to change screen resolution - Grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change screen resolution - Grayed out: I have been using two external monitors in addition to the laptop screen successfully for some time. A few days ago, the 3rd monitor attached to a USB adapter started showing the screen in a lower resolution (800x600) instead of 1024x768. When I tried to reset the resolution...
  10. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...