Change resolution without signing out?

Discus and support Change resolution without signing out? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So on my dell xps 13 that I just put windows 10 on, I'm looking for a way to have the icons rescale to the correct size when changing displays without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JCH19, Aug 4, 2015.

1. JCH19 Win User

So on my dell xps 13 that I just put windows 10 on, I'm looking for a way to have the icons rescale to the correct size when changing displays without signing out? For example, I'll have it plugged into my monitor, then unplug the laptop to use it, and when the laptop screen turn's back on everything on the desktop is supper small. A sign out and in fixes this, but that's less then ideal. Thanks!!

:)

JCH19, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Dao808 Win User

Is there anyone who can help us out?

Dao808, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Nachappa C K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

I understand how you feel about the situation. I suggest you some steps which can resolve your issue.

Have you tried updating or reinstalling the graphics card driver?

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Display drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

1. Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.

2. Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.

3. Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

4. Under Driver, expand, then right click and select Uninstall.

5. If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.

6. Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and right click, then select Properties.

7. Select Compatibility Tab.

8. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

9. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Nachappa C K, Aug 4, 2015
  4. JCH19 Win User

So I looked some more, and it's looking like it's not possible without a sign out. Unless anyone knows of some third party software?

JCH19, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Change resolution without signing out? - Similar Threads - Change resolution without

2. Mouse without Borders stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse without Borders stopped working after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did update, then MWB would not connect as before. I restored using Restore Point, and problem was fixed. After next Update, returned and have not been able to get it to work since (lost Restore Point due to memory not being set high enough.) Have tried deleteing...
  3. Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file: I'm running win10 Pro on two Dell T3500's I use Word 2003 and have some minor problems which I hope will be fixed by renaming my normal.doc and restarting Word so I have the default setup. Word 2003 uses normal.dot; dotm was introduced on later versions. I used...
  4. How do I change this computer from me to my son !

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change this computer from me to my son !: How do I change this computer from me to my son ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-change-this-computer-from-me-to-my-son/d957f812-9d8b-4073-abfc-f5937e12b0d9
  5. Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates: Dear Brink, I recently downgraded to 1709 because the audio was not good with the new update. Is there a way I can prevent the 1803 update without afecting the other available updates? 116138
  6. No WiFi and cannot sign into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi and cannot sign into microsoft account: Hi, After one of the Windows 10 updates in my Asus laptop the Wifi stopped working. And though the ehternet is working fine and I am able to browse and send/receive mails using outlook the network adaptor status says "Disconnected" (under Network Status -> View Network...
  7. My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space.: Please can anyone tell me the best , easiest option to make my C: drive into my main/normal drive as that has loads of space. Thanks...
  8. windows 10 line out aujdio problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 line out aujdio problems: window 10 line out audio is Dead on HP Pavilion computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-line-out-aujdio-problems/c01e6a57-5ab2-426c-9aeb-64d40d4ff216
  9. Microsoft sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft sign in: Office apps continue asking for sign in every single day. I cannot use Microsoft Office apps like Excel and Word even one time without signing in. If I sign out, the app prompts me to sign back in - even on the same day. I want to be able to use Office Apps without...
  10. Windows 10 Refresh has made changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Refresh has made changes: I had a problem with my wife's windows 10 laptop which I resolved by refreshing windows, removing everything.Before the refresh if I clicked on 'This pc' it showed folders entitled Desktop, documents, downloads, music, pictures and videos, Under each of the six folders was...