Windows 10: Change Save-As dialog box default settings

Discus and support Change Save-As dialog box default settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am frequently building PDFs from excel files as a compliance practice for invoice backups. When doing so, after changing my file type to .pdf, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ozozznozzy, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Change Save-As dialog box default settings

I am frequently building PDFs from excel files as a compliance practice for invoice backups. When doing so, after changing my file type to .pdf, I always have to manually select "Minimum Size" and "Options - Publish What - Selection". Is there any way to set these two items as the default when saving as PDF?

:)

ozozznozzy, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    View settings for This PC in Save Dialogs

You are correct about Save/SaveAs/Open being different from File explorer itself. All these dialogs are a separate Windows component called Common Item Dialogs.

I have never had a problem getting mine to keep my changes so I suggest trying
    Reset Open and Save As Common Item Dialog Boxes - TenForumsTutorials
    and, if the problem is not solved, asking for guidance in that tutorial thread.

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. Change Save-As dialog box default settings

Save As + Browse Dialog Box

I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to
    the previous version?

New file Save As Browse dialog box

Change Save-As dialog box default settings c4e1512d-57d9-4aa7-a6f7-8e59d13e2b36?upload=true.png

Preferred Save As Browse dialog box

Change Save-As dialog box default settings 15196b42-9eff-479f-b444-d881d4cd7051?upload=true.png

TrishArndt, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Change Save-As dialog box default settings

1. Change Save-As dialog box default settings - Similar Threads - Change Save dialog

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The save as dialog box won't respond, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The save as dialog box won't respond, but...: So, my computer started having trouble saving files today. Whenever I click "Save as", the dialog box won't respond. However, it only does this with jpg files. When I try to save a Png or gif file, it works without any issues....
  6. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As + Browse Dialog Box: I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to the previous version?...
  7. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  8. Open/save dialog boxes always default to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open/save dialog boxes always default to Desktop: How can I get Windows to show a different folder when these windows pop up? The stuff I'm trying to open/save is never on my desktop, and because it defaults to this I have to scroll up on the left to get to my quick access shortcuts. submitted by /u/DeafeningLure [link]...
  9. Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE: Hi, When I try to do 'Save As' in Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134), I get a dialog box that is super sized. Not just the size of the box but the size of the text and the icons are twice the size of my resolution in the background as in below screen shot. How do I fix...
  10. Dialog Box Save/Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...