Windows 10: Change search provider

Discus and support Change search provider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the search provider in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by winedude6770, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Change search provider

How do I change the search provider in Windows 10?

:)

winedude6770, Jan 1, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 1, 2020
  3. David Wynne, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Change search provider

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Change search provider

1. Change search provider - Similar Threads - Change search provider

2. how can i change antivirus provider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change antivirus provider: when i switch on real time protection its showing "you're using other antivirus provider" and i cant change default antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-antivirus-provider/302b8ba9-390d-4ab1-b536-67976bdacf04
  3. Changing antivirus providers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing antivirus providers: How do I change from McAfee antivirus to Microsoft Defender antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/changing-antivirus-providers/329bcbb0-51b3-450e-8652-728d47e3cef6
  4. Microsoft provides details on upcoming changes to Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft provides details on upcoming changes to Cortana: Cortana is continuing to redefine the nature of a digital assistant, with new AI-powered experiences in Microsoft 365 that are accelerating productivity to help save you time and focus on the things that matter most. As we make this shift toward a transformational...
  5. Search Provider

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Provider: How do I prevent Bing opening when I do a Win 10 search from the taskbar. I have been into Edge settings - advanced - address bar - change search engine But it does not allow Bing to be replaced with Chrome. Chrome is the default browser in Win 10 settings. Win 10 ver 1909...
  6. search provider

in Windows 10 Customization
    search provider: who allows Microsoft to Change my search Provider from google to bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-provider/80f30383-757b-4275-8198-6c8af052238e
  7. Uninstall - Yahoo provided search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall - Yahoo provided search: Hi, There is unknown and unwanted item appearing in my program list under Control panel>programes and feature. I have tried a number of times to remove this item but nothing is working. This app/malware if making my browsing slow !!!. Items name " Web Search (Yahoo!...
  8. RE : IE11, Google search provider

in Browsers and Email
    RE : IE11, Google search provider: Just installed Win 10 1809 build 17763.348 2 new rows appear in my default IE11 with Google Search as my default provider ……….. [img] Although it is no big deal, I would like to get rid of them. P.S. I do not have another browser installed, just IE11, nor do I have...
  9. change provider

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change provider: change provider problems trying to switch them getting message no internet secured https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-provider/9daa66aa-1a70-483b-8eb6-1e984a86a772
  10. How to Remove bing provided search Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Remove bing provided search Malware: how remove the malware [Original Title: bingprovidedseach] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-bing-provided-search-malware/6d74639d-b879-48ec-9a97-af00a94f1b06