Windows 10: Change search results to display "Edge Dev" instead of "Edge"

Discus and support Change search results to display "Edge Dev" instead of "Edge" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently switched from chrome to edge dev, but I'm running into a little annoyance. Usually I launch chrome by hitting the windows button, typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mphard, Jun 5, 2020.

1. /u/mphard Win User

Change search results to display "Edge Dev" instead of "Edge"

I recently switched from chrome to edge dev, but I'm running into a little annoyance. Usually I launch chrome by hitting the windows button, typing "chrome" then hitting enter. When I try to type "edge" I get the default edge and not "edge dev". Is there a way to make "edge dev" come up as the first result instead of edge when I type "edge"?

https://imgur.com/a/IKYeRy9

thanks

submitted by /u/mphard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mphard, Jun 5, 2020
  2. MyiDevice Win User

Edge Dev

That's what I've already tried but I don't get the Dev browser in the list, while I have it in my PC, except Internet Explorer. Please suggest some other solution!

MyiDevice, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 5, 2020
  4. JGT
    jgt Win User

how do I change the number of search results in Edge

The number of search results displayed on an Edge page is rather small. How in the heck do I change the number of search results displayed?

Thema:

1. Change search results to display "Edge Dev" instead of "Edge" - Similar Threads - Change search results

2. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  3. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  4. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Search will give me a iframe of edge instead of results

in Cortana
    Windows Search will give me a iframe of edge instead of results: Hi, I was trying to search in the start menu, until I saw something... [ATTACH] it shows a search frame of edge. If I click any of the links, it will open edge and bring me to the bing website. It won't go away. If I scroll down and see related results it will show me...
  6. Black thick edges around search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black thick edges around search results: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  7. Edge Dev

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Dev: Hi, I thought of switching from Edge Dev to default Edge Browser but I'm having difficulty in transferring the data. My data including-favourites, passwords, history, etc., weren't being synced in Edge dev. And I don't know how I can transfer it to the Edge browser. Please...
  8. When are Extensions in Edge Dev moved to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    When are Extensions in Edge Dev moved to Edge: I seem to have missed the boat here*Tongue but I don't know when things developed in Edge Dev are moved to Edge? Possibly I can just use Edge Dev and eventually it becomes Edge. I have a bit of a problem using Flash in Dev where I don't in Edge. At any rate both of them have...
  9. Edge Dev latest version

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Dev latest version: Help needed how to enable dark theme on latest Edge Dev version. (W 10 x64. latest upgrade) Thanks. 130534
  10. Youtube search results and Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube search results and Edge Browser: Has anybody else experienced this? It only happens when I'm logged in, when I'm not search results are normal. [img] [img] 94111