Windows 10: Change Security Device Credentials

Discus and support Change Security Device Credentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a AAD joined Windows 10 device (Surface Book 2). Recently, my UPN changed, however, the "Security Device Credential" still has my old UPN, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CaesarSR, Oct 2, 2018.

1. CaesarSR Win User

Change Security Device Credentials

I have a AAD joined Windows 10 device (Surface Book 2). Recently, my UPN changed, however, the "Security Device Credential" still has my old UPN, and doesn't work to connect to resources. How do I change the Security Device Credential to reflect the changed UPN?

:)

CaesarSR, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Surface Book Security Credentials Form Cannot Enter Username or Password

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in security settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • When you say that "security credentials", have you tried to create security credentials prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try to set credentials in the Windows Credential Manager and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Control Panel" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click User Accounts.

4. Click on Manage Windows credentials.

5. Then click on Add Windows Credentials.

5. Try to add the user name and password into it.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Change Security Device Credentials

Microsoft security notification

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Are you logged in using Microsoft account on the desktop?

You might be face this issue if the Windows login credentials are removed from the Login Credential manger.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

a. Press Start button and type "Credential Manager".

b. Click on the arrow near the "Windows cached credentials".

c. Check whether the Windows login credentials are listed over there.

d. If the credentials are listed, I suggest you to click on "Remove from vault" and follow the onscreen suggestions.

e. Now check for the issue.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Change Security Device Credentials

1. Change Security Device Credentials - Similar Threads - Change Security Device

2. Issue with Network Credential Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Network Credential Windows Security: Hello,I am having a hard time of connecting to the server on our network. All permissions are granted to everyone on our network as long as they are hard wired onto an ethernet plug. I have tried deleting my Windows credentials from Credential Manager and I have tried...
  3. Issue with Network Credential Windows Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Network Credential Windows Security: Hello,I am having a hard time of connecting to the server on our network. All permissions are granted to everyone on our network as long as they are hard wired onto an ethernet plug. I have tried deleting my Windows credentials from Credential Manager and I have tried...
  4. Security device credential manager PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security device credential manager PIN: Hi all, I tried running/installing apps in the windows. But the windows need my affirmation to run them. I try affirming by PIN or password which I use to log in the windows, but It couldn't work. You can see more details on the photo I don't know how to solve it although...
  5. Windows Service stored credential security

Windows Service stored credential security: Hello all, Recently I set a particular service the service for Dell Support Assistant to run as administrator on an on-domain computer for a non-admin user. This was accomplished via a remote session where I opened services.msc, found the corresponding service, went to...
  6. Device/Credential Guard are not compatible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device/Credential Guard are not compatible.: I have to use VMware Workstation for some reason but it says Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. So from the research I got to know that first I have to disable the Credential Guard then I maybe able to use VMware Workstation, And for that I need a Group Policy...
  7. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows security- Credentials ???

Windows security- Credentials ???: We have a NAS network that we work through via a D-Link that connects 5 computers. Recently we're having a problem where all of a sudden, we are UNABLE to access our network (it asks us for our credentials). When we enter out credentials (which have never been changed & are...
  9. Forgotten Windows security credentials

Forgotten Windows security credentials: Please, help. I forgot my Windows security credentials and cannot enter the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/forgotten-windows-security-credentials/e1894f66-249b-40a4-94ef-12878189c2d0"
  10. forgot windows security credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot windows security credentials: don't remember windows security credentials user or password, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/forgot-windows-security-credentials/f1c21f3e-ddfe-4ebe-b9fb-c60b7940d53c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ask windows security device credential

2. how to change windows security device credential

3. change windows security credentials

4. how to remove security device credentials cannot make any changes with pc,
  5. how to change security devise credentials