Windows 10: Change security to make Administrator logon available

Discus and support Change security to make Administrator logon available in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I change security to make Administrator logon and other directories available?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gary K. Brown, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Change security to make Administrator logon available

How do I change security to make Administrator logon and other directories available?

:)

Gary K. Brown, Aug 9, 2018

2. Windows Security Screen shutdown/restart with GPO

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I will certainly help you with this.

Are you on domain computer?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to change the group policy settings.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type gpedit.msc and press enter.

• Expand the security settings.

• Click on security options.

• On the right pane, double click on Interactive logon: display user information when the session is locked.

• Under local security setting tab, change the dropdown to do not display user information.

• Under the same section,
      double-click on Interactive logon: Do not display last user name.

• Under security setting tab, click on enabled and click on apply.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Aug 9, 2018
  3. MikeDog Win User
    Do not want to use hotmail address and password to logon to my PC. How to revert back to what it was before - a separate logon to hotmail and my PC

Had a session with a MS tech support this morning. Now my PC:

• Must logon using my Hotmail address and password.
      I am the Administrator for my PC and I cannot change my PC logon id and password back to what it was before because name and password change are no longer available. However, I can do so for another user account on my computer

• My PC logon id is now my Hotmail address and password, whereas before, I have a separate logon id and password to my PC

• This logon change is a big security issue because anyone who can hack into MS hotmails can logon to my PC as administrator

I would appreciate help re do not want to sign in with a MS Hotmail account to my personal computer

MikeDog, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Change security to make Administrator logon available

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Change security to make Administrator logon available

1. Change security to make Administrator logon available - Similar Threads - Change security Administrator

2. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon: my husband changed himself as administrator and cannot logon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-husband-changed-to-administrator-and-cannot/58eafc04-6574-453c-b0fd-5ab1dad4e814
  3. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon: my husband changed himself as administrator and cannot logon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-husband-changed-to-administrator-and-cannot/58eafc04-6574-453c-b0fd-5ab1dad4e814
  4. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. logon security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logon security: Most of the time maybe 80-90% when I log on to any online account, I am required to confirm my identity via text or email. It happens equally to online accounts from all online vendors/suppliers, As best I can recall, this has been happening for the last year or two. It is...
  6. logon security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    logon security: Most of the time maybe 80-90% when I log on to any online account, I am required to confirm my identity via text or email. It happens equally to online accounts from all online vendors/suppliers, As best I can recall, this has been happening for the last year or two. It is...
  7. logon security

8. Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator

Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator: I am logged in on my Administrator account on Windows 10, however if I click the ''Run as an Administrator'' option on any program such as Steam.exe I get the error '' Windows Cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  9. Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant.

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant.: I powered up my Windows 10 Home and on the LOGIN screen [not the 'background' Windows displayed a new LOGON SCREEN of beautiful Flowers never seen before. So I went to the internet and asked how to find it on my Windows to make it permanent. All I got from Google was lots of...
  10. No Logon Servers available

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Logon Servers available: Hi.I'm after some advice with regard to a problem I am having.I have three networked PC's and want to share a folder on my PC with the other two PC's.All PC's are on the same domain.I have shared the folder and provided read/write access to everyone.When the other PC either...