Windows 10: Change Selected Indexed Locations

Discus and support Change Selected Indexed Locations in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by _SM1991_, Nov 26, 2022.

1. _SM1991_ Win User

Change Selected Indexed Locations

Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find items here. When I uncheck it and press OK and close out Indexing Options, when I reopen it, its checked again. Can someone advise on what exactly this is please? Thank you.

:)

_SM1991_, Nov 26, 2022

2. Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you would like to add the NAS location to Windows 10 Indexing feature.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E key to open File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC from the left pane of File Explorer.
    3. Then on the right pane, expand the Network locations.
    4. Right click in the Network locations and select
      Add a network location from the context menu.
    5. Click Next on Add Network Location wizard.
    6. Follow the onscreen steps
    7. On the completing the Add Network Location
      screen, click Finish.
    8. The new network location will now open in File Explorer.
    9. Open the Control Panel, click on the
      Indexing Options icon, and close the Control Panel.
    10. Click on the Modify button.
    11. Check (add) or
      uncheck (remove)
      the locations you want to be indexed, and click on
      OK
      when finished

However, for issues related to NAS drive, let me help to point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet
    Forums
    where you will find professionals with expertise on NAS for Windows 10 and that would be the appropriate forum.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Nov 26, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Change Selected Indexed Locations - Similar Threads - Change Selected Indexed

2. Change Selected Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  3. Unable to select correct drive to index

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to select correct drive to index: My Windows 10 system has two drives. The C: drive is an SSD that was cloned from the HD which is now D:. Both drives are operating correctly except when it comes to indexing. When I access the Indexing Options control panel, and 'Modify' I am given a list to 'Change selected...
  4. Unable to select correct drive to index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select correct drive to index: My Windows 10 system has two drives. The C: drive is an SSD that was cloned from the HD which is now D:. Both drives are operating correctly except when it comes to indexing. When I access the Indexing Options control panel, and 'Modify' I am given a list to 'Change selected...
  5. Unable to select correct drive to index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Indexing issue: drive is shown and "available" but never appears in "selected locations"...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing issue: drive is shown and "available" but never appears in "selected locations"...: HELP! I have 3 SATA drives on my Windows 10, C: duh, all my data on D: and then a Temp drive T: All 3 are shown as options in the "Indexed Locations" box. Here is the kicker - if I select D: in selected location then T: is shown in the summary - if I select T: then T is...
  7. Cannot change search index locations to include C-drive

in Cortana
    Cannot change search index locations to include C-drive: Searching any C-drive folders on my machine was taking a long time and not returning any results always returns "No items match your search", so I am attempting to change the indexing options to include my C-drive. However, when I select it on the Indexed Locations dialog,...
  8. Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Indexed Locations: Does anybody knows why this "csc://...." thing is in my indexed locations? I cant't get rid of it and everytime i uncheck it it comes again checked. Also when i scroll the mouse over it, it tells me that the location is not available. Help [ATTACH]...
  9. Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.: I'd appreciate opinions about the wisdom of moving the Indexing and Contacts folders off the OS partition. I once tried it with the system default Downloads, Music, and Picturers folders, and it caused a mess. As far as the Contacts folder is concerned, the system doesn't...
  10. Change Search Index Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Search Index Location in Windows 10: How to: Change Search Index Location in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Location of Search Index in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and...