Windows 10: Change setting for file view

Discus and support Change setting for file view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the default setting for file view? For example when I save a file or navigate the Windows Explorer. Current (default) setting in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EBFH, Sep 6, 2019.

1. EBFH Win User

Change setting for file view

How do I change the default setting for file view?
    For example when I save a file or navigate the Windows Explorer.
    Current (default) setting in my system is large thumbnails while I want details view-mode

:)

EBFH, Sep 6, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    File view changed since other day update.

Hi,

Changing the view of your files on the File Explorer window will allow you to access and locate the file properly depending on your preferred preference. We suggest following these steps to change the file explorer view:

• Open the your OneDrive folder/File explorer.
    • Right-click on an empty space.
    • Select View on the drop-down menu.
    • Select your preferred view type.

Change setting for file view 4330d219-289a-4867-86df-a26b382733d7?upload=true.png

Note: Each folder have it's own individual setting. That means each of the folder has it's own set up view that you may need to change manually.

Let us know if you have other queries

**If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Jan Del, Sep 6, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Change setting for file view - Similar Threads - Change setting file

2. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  3. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  4. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  5. Change file view

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file view: Is there a way to change File Explorer > Hidden via code? I tried the following, but it will not change the registry value; Regedit flashes, but the value remains as set in File Explorer: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 REG ADD...
  6. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  7. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  8. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  9. Cannot set file explorer file view

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set file explorer file view: Hi, For some reason my win 10 (64 b) install always shows images in file view instead of Details. When I try to apply the details setting to all folders, that selection is always grayed out. Can someone help? Thanks, Ed 72879
  10. File explorer view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view settings: I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details. How do I change the default? 105136