Windows 10: Change settings on Laptop touchpad?

Discus and support Change settings on Laptop touchpad? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to make it more difficult for my screen to change to another screen, or get rid of hovering, so I need to change touchpad or keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClaudiaSR, Jul 3, 2019.

1. ClaudiaSR Win User

Change settings on Laptop touchpad?

I want to make it more difficult for my screen to change to another screen, or get rid of hovering, so I need to change touchpad or keyboard sensitivity. Now I can't find the place to do that on my Windows-based laptop. Any ideas?

:)

ClaudiaSR, Jul 3, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 3, 2019
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Change settings on Laptop touchpad? [​IMG]

Josie23, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Change settings on Laptop touchpad? - Similar Threads - Change settings Laptop

2. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting: I have a laptop computer, and I want to use an external touchpad+keyboard. This external touchpad+keyboard connects to the laptop using Bluetooth, driver is installed by windows. There is no vendor specific driver available. The touchpad and keyboard works upon successful...
  3. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting: I have a laptop computer, and I want to use an external touchpad+keyboard. This external touchpad+keyboard connects to the laptop using Bluetooth, driver is installed by windows. There is no vendor specific driver available. The touchpad and keyboard works upon successful...
  4. External Touchpad setting cannot be changed by Windows 10 Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. laptop touchpad sensitivity: in settings, no "devices"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop touchpad sensitivity: in settings, no "devices": HelloUsing a recently purchased HP laptop HP, running Windows 11. I am trying to reduce the touchpad sensitivity. The machine is almost unusable as is details below. In "Bluetooth and devices" there is no "touchpad" settings path. I have to use the touchpad because this...
  6. laptop touchpad sensitivity: in settings, no "devices"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop touchpad sensitivity: in settings, no "devices": HelloUsing a recently purchased HP laptop HP, running Windows 11. I am trying to reduce the touchpad sensitivity. The machine is almost unusable as is details below. In "Bluetooth and devices" there is no "touchpad" settings path. I have to use the touchpad because this...
  7. Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop: I have an asus ux303ua and am trying to sort out issues with the touchpad. I have discovered some settings in the registry that may help solve my problem. But... whenever I restart my laptop the registry gets reset back to how it was before I changed the touchpad settings....
  8. Changing Touchpad Settings but changes aren't taking effect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Touchpad Settings but changes aren't taking effect: So my touchpad one day started being weird. It is super unresponsive to tap touch, and also i've lost right click unless I tap with two fingers... I open up touchpad settings and I have now realised that no matter what I do, the changes I make simply don't change anything. I...
  9. Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI: Hello, I have msi laptop. I wanted to use precision touchpad gestures. It is working somehow, but I cannot change any of the settings. It changes in settings, but when I use it keeps working as if I didnt change it. Help me please :)...
  10. No settings for my touchpad on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No settings for my touchpad on my laptop: Hello, I want to disable palmcheck for my touchpad on my HP notebook but can't find any settings. I have latest drivers etc. This is what my mouse properties look like, there is no settings button. [ATTACH] Thanks for help! /Tobias Lenander...