Windows 10: "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out

Discus and support "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Version:20H2 Compilation: 19042.870 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Computer: Desktop, Asus M4A88TD-M motherboard I log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PGrudz, Apr 10, 2021.

1. PGrudz Win User

"Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out

Windows 10 Home
    Version:20H2
    Compilation: 19042.870
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
    Computer: Desktop, Asus M4A88TD-M motherboard

I log in with the administrator account and run Device Manager, but the "Change settings" option on the "Resources" tab is grayed out in all device properties:
    "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out 488bf350-5f87-4a4a-992f-7b4e7a855c8d?upload=true.jpg
    - I uninstalled devices and reinstalled,
    - Windows and drivers are updated,
    - I uninstalled anti-virus and anti-malware software
    - I ran:
    sfc /scannow
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    There were no issues.
    - I also restarted in safe mode and did clean reboot.

Nothing helped me.

Anything else I can try? Why this option is greyed out?

:)

PGrudz, Apr 10, 2021

2. Grey stripes issue

I had the same issue and the following method was the only cure so far:

Black Panther, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 10, 2021
  4. stoosanub Win User

Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps

no, the app/program I want to add is not on that list, I need to allow another app but it is greyed out, and the change settings button greys out, nothing to do with the router thats just highlighted as the first option in the app tab.

stoosanub, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out - Similar Threads - Change Settings Resources

2. onedrive settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  3. onedrive settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  4. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow apps to change settings greyed out: I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated....
  5. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow apps to change settings greyed out: I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated....
  6. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. OneDrive "Settings" greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "Settings" greyed out: I'm trying to get into my OneDrive settings, but it is greyed out. Why? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-greyed-out/2d9706c6-d646-408f-a3c1-5647d0dc7187
  8. "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Change Settings" on "Resources" tab is greyed out: Windows 10 HomeVersion:20H2Compilation: 19042.870Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0Computer: Desktop, Asus M4A88TD-M motherboardI would like to resolve an IRQ conflict between the video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 and four USB controllers - all these devices have...
  9. Settings tab in sources of a device in device manager greyed out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings tab in sources of a device in device manager greyed out!: Hi people It would seem that my device manager is not functioning as it should. When i want to adjust settings in the "sources" tab of any device in the device manager, it is grey, and I cannot use it. Do I need some kind of authorization? Please help...
  10. Settings selection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings selection is greyed out: I have just activated OneDrive on a new laptop. It immediately started to synch all files. I stopped the synch because I only want to install a subset of my OneDrive on this laptop. If found how to do that elsewhere in this Community but the first steps are: more>Settings -...