Windows 10: Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable Not Visable

Discus and support Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable Not Visable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could someone please tell me How to Bring back ( Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable ) in Power Management/Change Advanced Power Settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparks79, Oct 17, 2016.

1. sparks79 Win User

Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable Not Visable

Could someone please tell me How to Bring back ( Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable ) in Power Management/Change Advanced Power Settings.
    It has Disappeared with the introduction of the Anniversary Update Edition .

:)

sparks79, Oct 17, 2016

2. Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

There is NO little link at top of page says change settings currently unavailable.

PhilipgwBaker, Oct 17, 2016
  3. PedroBurt Win User
    I need to boot twice to get windows 10 going

on top of page it says change settings that are currently unavailible click that then uncheck

PedroBurt, Oct 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, what do you see here? A screenshot can be worth a thousand posts!

Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable Not Visable [​IMG]

Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable

is visible there..

dalchina, Oct 17, 2016
  5. sparks79 Win User
    ( dachina ) This is exactly what I mean, In your Screen Shot, The ( Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable ) is Not There, Missing.

sparks79, Oct 17, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Thank you for confirming you are looking at the same dialogue.
    What is your current build level? Mine's 14393.321

I've never noticed that not be there, but I don't go looking for it very often.

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see?

dalchina, Oct 17, 2016
  7. Try3 Win User
    When you reply to dalchina, please include
    1 whether or not the checkboxes [for Fast start, Sleep, Hibernate, Lock] are active or greyed out
    2 whether you are logged in to a user account that you created or the Built-In Administrator account [i.e. the account that has the username Administrator].

Denis

8. sparks79 Win User

sparks79, Oct 18, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    The only problem I ever had in Power Settings was that I lost the option to Sleep. That was fixed by updating my video card driver. You could see if any of your drivers need updating.

Winuser, Oct 18, 2016
  10. spunk Win User
    If UAC is disabled, the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" option will not be available.

spunk, Oct 18, 2016
  11. Try3 Win User
    Sparks79,

Now I am a bit confused. The question seemed to be about the entry Change settings that are currently unavailable in Power options, change what the power buttons do [and hence the screenshot that dalchina posted and to which you responded, "This is exactly what I mean"].

Now the question seems to be about the entry Change settings that are currently unavailable in Power options, {power plan}, Change plan settings, Change advanced plan settings. I think that this setting disappeared after the Require password on wakeup entry was removed as that had been the only entry that had not been available initially. The Require password on wakeup entry was a duplication of entries elsewhere in Power options so they probably just decided to do some tidying up.

So I don't think the entry Change settings that are currently unavailable would have any work to do now if it was still there.

Denis

12. sparks79 Win User
    Thanks anyway fella's, but now I am more confused,I'm going to Linux

sparks79, Oct 18, 2016
  13. Winuser Win User

Going from the frying pan to the fire? *Smile

Winuser, Oct 18, 2016
  14. dalchina confused the post by showing a screen shot of the wrong settings.

Yes, it has been removed, but the options are still available. I'm assuming you are trying to follow instructions for fixing an external monitor that randomly goes to sleep? If that's the case, expand Sleep, the System unattended sleep timeout is the 2nd option. And, by the way, I had to set mine to 999. 20 minutes worked for a few weeks, but then it started going to sleep again. It hasn't gone to sleep since I increased it to 999, but I only changed it a week ago, so I'm still considering it in testing.

If that's not why you needed that setting, please, disregard the previous paragraph.

greenangel777, Oct 18, 2016
  15. Try3 Win User
    greenangel,

By the way, dalchina posted the right diagram. The question was changed afterwards.

You can write in Never instead of entering a number for that sleep setting.

Denis

Thema:

1. Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable Not Visable - Similar Threads - Change Settings are

2. Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello is currently unavailable: Hi All,After entering a lot of times incorrect PIN the windows hello is not working. Under All windows hello options I have the text: This option is currently unavailable....
  3. This option is currently unavailable pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This option is currently unavailable pin: HelloI can't change the password of the device I have Windows 11. I can't reset the device because I have Data and I can't take backup for now. Windows Hello Face recognition is unavailable what can I do ?Thanks...
  4. Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello is currently unavailable: 3 Days ago my fingerprint sensor stopped working. come to find out windows hello is disabled. How do i fix this? ive tried contacting microsoft but they transferred me and i waited 15+ mins with no response so i left chat. ive uninstalled the last windows update i dont know...
  5. Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello is currently unavailable: 3 Days ago my fingerprint sensor stopped working. come to find out windows hello is disabled. How do i fix this? ive tried contacting microsoft but they transferred me and i waited 15+ mins with no response so i left chat. ive uninstalled the last windows update i dont know...
  6. "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This option is currently unavailable": I got the new hp pavillion x360 convertible today with windows 11 and the Facial and fingerprint recognition is showing "This option is currently unavailable" and i can't find Biometric Devices when i go to Device Manager...
  7. "This option is currently unavailable"

"This option is currently unavailable": I got the new hp pavillion x360 convertible today with windows 11 and the Facial and fingerprint recognition is showing "This option is currently unavailable" and i can't find Biometric Devices when i go to Device Manager...
  8. Sign in options currently unavailable

Sign in options currently unavailable: This has been going on ever since I log in to my microsoft account for microsoft offfice app. Now i cannot change my pin, cannot set up different log in options.I've rebooted, updated windows but the problem still persists....
  9. This option is currently unavailable?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    This option is currently unavailable?: Hello, I want to setup the window hello fingerprint lock but it shows error "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" Please give me solution I am using window 10 ©2020 I have enbled all the options in biometric but still persist...
  10. "Change settings that are currently unavailable" is not shown in "Advanced power settings" menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Change settings that are currently unavailable" is not shown in "Advanced power settings" menu: I just reinstalled Windows on my laptop. However, when I wanted to change some power settings in the control panel, a lot of the options were not visible and the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" was no longer there. I managed to change the setting that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable Not Visable