Windows 10: change spacing between icons in Settings

Discus and support change spacing between icons in Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to change spacing between these? I takes up the whole screen on a small laptop. [img] 94687 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Comp Cmndo, Oct 1, 2017.

1. change spacing between icons in Settings

Is there a way to change spacing between these? I takes up the whole screen on a small laptop.

change spacing between icons in Settings [​IMG]

:)

Comp Cmndo, Oct 1, 2017
  2. DannyDW Win User

change the grid size of the desktop

Although my monitor has a 1366 x 768 resolution, I can only get 5 icons vertically on the desktop in Windows 10.

In Windows 8 I had 8 icons on the same screen.

Making the icons smaller does not change anything, it only makes the icons smaller and the spacing between the icons larger, and I still get ony 5 icons.

I found some answers about changing the grid spacing on Windows 7, but according to that thread, in Windows 8 this possibility was gone. How about Windows 10: is it in anyway possible to change the grid-size or the spacing between the icons, without having
    to change to "non-automatically allign"

DannyDW, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Desktop icons started jumping with the Creators Update

Hi,

It is possible that your icons are set by large that is why you are seeing empty rows between folders. You can change the view or size of your icons. In that way, you would no longer see large gaps or spaces between icons. To perform the task, kind refer to
    the article below:

Show, hide, or resize desktop icons

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

change spacing between icons in Settings

No.....but you can grab the outline with your mouse and move it inward..... this will change the shape of the window.

Plankton, Oct 1, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Make it small enough and it changes to using small icons (and uses a scroll bar).

change spacing between icons in Settings [​IMG]

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

change spacing between icons in Settings

1. change spacing between icons in Settings - Similar Threads - change spacing between

2. Icon spacing setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon spacing setting?: Online I see instructions for tightening the space between taskbar icons on Windows 11 Scroll down this page: Adjusting Taskbar Icon Spacing in Windows 11 It says there's an option for "Icon Spacing", but I don't see it. I'm on Windows 11 Pro. Was this option removed? Thanks!...
  3. Icon spacing setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon spacing setting?: Online I see instructions for tightening the space between taskbar icons on Windows 11 Scroll down this page: Adjusting Taskbar Icon Spacing in Windows 11 It says there's an option for "Icon Spacing", but I don't see it. I'm on Windows 11 Pro. Was this option removed? Thanks!...
  4. Space between screen and icons on the right side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space between screen and icons on the right side: I've been looking for quite some time, but I can't find anything. I would like to know why the space between the edge of the screen and the icons on the desktop is different on both sides, and how to keep one fixed. I am very picky about this kind of issues and I don't like...
  5. space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed: Hi, Suddently today, when I turn on the pc I noticed the vertical space between the rows in file explorer has been chanded by itself, occupying a vertical space greather than before. This means that I can't see the same number of files and become so annoying. As I see, this...
  6. Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program: I'm trying to help someone that has the following problem: After using a program not compatible with Windows 10 (Windows 7 Folder Background Changer) the space between icons changed. When I search google I only find stuff on how to change the spacing between icons for the...
  7. Space between Icons changed after using not comaptible program

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between Icons changed after using not comaptible program: I'm trying to help someone that has the following problem: After using a program not compatible with Windows 10 (Windows 7 Folder Background Changer) the space between icons changed. When I search google I only find stuff on how to change the spacing between icons for the...
  8. How to Change Icon Spacing Settings

How to Change Icon Spacing Settings: Summary: This discussion covers changing icon spacing settings on the desktop. More Information: Windows 10 no longer lets you change icon spacing settings because the ability to change desktop appearance - like changing fonts for the title-bar or changing colours for...
  9. Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons: I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between. Does anyone know how...
  10. Increase space between a set of taskbar icons?

Increase space between a set of taskbar icons?: Let's say I have 20 icons (small) equally spaced within the taskbar and that the last three on the right end all have to do with turning the computer on/off/sleep. I'd like to be able to put in a space or two that will separate these last three from the other 17 icons on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 may 2019 update gaps between icons