Windows 10: Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors

Discus and support Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two desktops (work and home) with more than one screen, on these computers, I would like my start menu on the far right side of the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GentlemanS, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors

I have two desktops (work and home) with more than one screen, on these computers, I would like my start menu on the far right side of the right screen.

However, on computers with only screen (my laptop), I would like my start menu along the bottom.

Is there any way to set up an IF statement that places the start menu in a location based on the number of screens or, worst case, stop that property from updating across computers?

:)

GentlemanS, Dec 16, 2015

2. MULITPLE DISPLAY WINDOWS 10

Not trying to move files. Teying to move one screen shot to other monitor. At the moment rhe screen shot appears on both screens and there is no option to have each monitor as a separate. Umber 1 and 2. Number 1 is the notebook and number 2 is both monitors.
    There is no menu box to change the number on one of the monitors.

IanMcConnell37WTF, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Drag and Drop pdf on Multiple Displays

My mistake.

This happens when I save a pdf from a web based program to my desktop. Can i change the exact location of where it is saved to be on a select monitor?

ChrisRamsey13, Dec 16, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors

To stop syncing your settings across PCs, have a look at this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option4

badrobot, Dec 16, 2015
  5. I guess that start menu location is under the "Other Windows settings" slider?

Any idea what else is there? Like I said, I only care about the start menu location, everything else I'd like to sync (not to mention if I could set up some sort of script that looked for number of monitors connected and adjusted accordingly, that would be awesome)

GentlemanS, Dec 16, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Settings/System/Display: make far right monitor my main display,
    put taskbar on the right side.

Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors

1. Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors - Similar Threads - Change Start Menu

2. Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.: Hello, because of my job i have a crazy 4 monitor setup. My main monitor in the windows settings is the middle one but i moved the main task bar to the top monitor. Everything is working fine and like intendet. The only thing that really really enoyes me is that when i click...
  3. Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.: Hello, because of my job i have a crazy 4 monitor setup. My main monitor in the windows settings is the middle one but i moved the main task bar to the top monitor. Everything is working fine and like intendet. The only thing that really really enoyes me is that when i click...
  4. Start Menu Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  5. Is it possible to change the number of a monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the number of a monitor?: Hi everyone I use a dual monitor setup one for gaming and one 12bit hdr panel for productivity. Usually my gaming monitor would be on the right but I've switched the monitors around as I get about 60 fps on all my games anyway so I'd prefer to play them with colour accuracy...
  6. Location of start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Location of start menu icons: Before anyone says the font is called Segoe MDL2 thats not what i mean. i mean the windows icon on the end of the taskbar. I wanted to switch the icon out with some that i made and i also know that the png file has to be able to be split into 3 quadrants. Reason im asking...
  7. Green number on start menu Icons

Green number on start menu Icons: I have green numbers on my Start Menu icons. It jumps to different Icons anytime I open the Start Menu. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-number-on-start-menu-icons/9eb706ba-7ddf-4491-8dbf-294b3a4e7413
  8. Changing number labels for monitors

Changing number labels for monitors: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) I have a setup using 3 monitors, and originally they were numbered correctly (1,2,3, going left-to-right). However, after reformatting my computer, the numbers have changed themselves to be 1,3,2 going left-to-right. [ATTACH] This is very...
  9. Changing default folder location in the start menu

Changing default folder location in the start menu: Hi there! On the start - sorry for any possible mistakes, English is my second language ;) I've got everything set up perfectly, the problem is, that I want default Windows buttons in my start bar (The Documents, Images and Personal Files ones)...
  10. Change PC Settings Based on Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PC Settings Based on Location: I'm curious if it is possible to change Windows settings based on my laptop's location. What I would like is a few settings (GPOs) to change based on whether I am at home vs anywhere else. I'm guessing that detecting the wireless/wired network I'm connected to, or looking...