Windows 10: change start menu search from bing to google

Discus and support change start menu search from bing to google in Cortana to solve the problem; when you open the windows 10 start menu and start typing it will search with Bing search provider I want to change this to google. also it will open... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FisbanRegner, Apr 1, 2020.

1. change start menu search from bing to google

when you open the windows 10 start menu and start typing it will search with Bing search provider I want to change this to google. also it will open edge and I want to disable this and use my own browser. how do I make these 2 options happen.

I don't like bing and it gives you a lot of spam when it comes to searching for what I need.

:)

FisbanRegner, Apr 1, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Apr 1, 2020
  4. change start menu search from bing to google

Remove Bing search = Yicks

The start menu suggestions are okay,
    It's when you use the enter key (which in win-7) selects the top suggestion
    In win-10 it spins you to a bing search page :/

Forum sections can be easily confused it's all good but please keep in mind help is always the main objective change start menu search from bing to google :)
    Otherwise I would've posted somewhere else less serious change start menu search from bing to google :)

Allot of people do not like Bing Desktop Search because of this very bazar default in results,
    Not that I would want to use another search engine "Google or....) either start search is in my opinion always a Local files/ programs search,
    Otherwise I would open a browser and search and then I wouldn't want to search for local files,

The only trick ie workaround seems to not use the enter key and click on the suggestions instead :/

ThrashZone, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

change start menu search from bing to google

1. change start menu search from bing to google - Similar Threads - change start menu

2. Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu: Hello The search function in the start menu is really getting on my nerves... I tried all the hacks I could find. Unsuccessfully. It's frustrating among other things also because sometimes, I don't know how maybe I'm just too fast and not used to having useless stuff on top,...
  3. Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu: Hello The srarch function in the start menu is really getting on my nerves... I tried all the hacks I could find. Unsuccessfully. It's frustrating among other things also because sometimes, I don't know how maybe I'm just too fast and not used to having useless stuff on top,...
  4. Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu: I recently "upgraded" to Windows 11. Quotation marks are added to "upgraded" in order to indicate my general opinion on Windows 11.Plain and simple, I need Bing search gone from Windows 11's Start Menu search. It's an annoyance and a waste of space. I have no intent...
  5. Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu

Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu: I recently "upgraded" to Windows 11. Quotation marks are added to "upgraded" in order to indicate my general opinion on Windows 11.Plain and simple, I need Bing search gone from Windows 11's Start Menu search. It's an annoyance and a waste of space. I have no intent...
  6. Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing: Hello, Community. Google is my default search engine in Edge. When I do a web search from the Start Menu, however, it opens Bing in Edge. Is there a way to make it open Google in Edge? The only workarounds I have found so far require using a different browser than Edge. Edge...
  7. Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing

Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing: Hello, Community. Google is my default search engine in Edge. When I do a web search from the Start Menu, however, it opens Bing in Edge. Is there a way to make it open Google in Edge? The only workarounds I have found so far require using a different browser than Edge. Edge...
  8. Bing Search not working in Start Menu

in Cortana
    Bing Search not working in Start Menu: Bing Search not working in Start Menu in Windows 10 Home 20H2. I want to use Bing Web Search but it is not working. I also added "BingSearchEnabled" in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search but still it is not working....
  9. Can't remove Bing from Start Menu Search

in Cortana
    Can't remove Bing from Start Menu Search: I used to be able to do a registry edit and it would remove Bing search results from start menu searches. Being able to search for files locally on my computer being dependent on Microsoft servers is obnoxious so I want it completely disabled. Have they changed how to do it?...
  10. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806