Windows 10: Change startup application from all users to myself

Discus and support Change startup application from all users to myself in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, There is an application which is starting automatically for all users, and I would like to change it to start only for me. I think I may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cShane, Jan 18, 2020.

1. cShane Win User

Change startup application from all users to myself

Greetings,

There is an application which is starting automatically for all users, and I would like to change it to start only for me. I think I may have found the application here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I thought I could just copy the item to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive, but the equivalent key doesn't exist there.

How can I change a startup program to only start for myself?

Thanks,

Shane.

:)

cShane, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Change startup application from all users to myself

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Change startup application from all users to myself

1. Change startup application from all users to myself - Similar Threads - Change startup application

2. Admin User, Adult, I need permission from Myself???!?!?!?!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin User, Adult, I need permission from Myself???!?!?!?!!!: I am logged in as an AdministratorI try to install a software I need to use from CD...Windows pops up with the following:"Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: autorun.exe Ask by email Trace ID: 1XeeW14vaUWxSWUS.6.0...
  3. Show all users at startup - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all users at startup - Windows 10: Hello,Updated my laptop as it was forced down my throat and now I miss all users that I can select at startup.When logged in and restart, it shows that user to login and not giving an option to switch/change account.I would like to have this back and I do not need anyone...
  4. Show all users at startup - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show all users at startup - Windows 10: Hello,Updated my laptop as it was forced down my throat and now I miss all users that I can select at startup.When logged in and restart, it shows that user to login and not giving an option to switch/change account.I would like to have this back and I do not need anyone...
  5. Show all users at startup - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Install application for all users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install application for all users: Hi all, I've installed an application that gets installed in a secure folder. One where you need admin credentials to remove. The problem is I would like this application to launch in the system tray when other accounts are logged in. Currently it doesn't start the...
  7. Some applications removed from startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications removed from startup: I don't know why this happens but every so often some of the programs that I had set to run on startup somehow don't. I have to go back to the applications setting and set it to start up with windows again. But after I restart the PC a couple of times this happens again. Has...
  8. Application not accessible from all user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application not accessible from all user accounts: I downloaded and installed several applications on my new Dell Windows 10 desktop PC. On it, there is one Admin account and three user accounts: J, E, and V. Installations were done using the Admin account. All the applications are accessible from all the accounts except...
  9. Changing DPI for all users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing DPI for all users: Hello, I've been trying to figure this out for what seems to be longest, and every method i've tried doesn't work out. We have a custom 6 screen monitor that we use in the conference room. The PC itself has a Nvidia Quadro M4000 that connects 2 outputs to the display...
  10. Changing user at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing user at startup: I attempted to login as Administrator unsuccessfully. I did a hard reboot but no am automatically logged as Administrator, unsuccessfully, of course. If I see alternate users, it flashes quickly. How can return to my normal user login? 99899