Windows 10: Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows

Discus and support Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows The startup page is the page(s)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows

How to: Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows

How to Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows

The startup page is the page(s) that open when you open Google Chrome.

You can set your startup page for Google Chrome to open the New Tab page, previous pages from last browsing session, or specific page(s).

This tutorial will show you how to change the startup page in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows [​IMG]
    button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could also enter chrome://settings into the address bar and press Enter to directly open settings.

3. Do step 4 (New Tab page), step 5 (previous pages), or step 6 (specific page(s)) below for what you want your homepage to be.

4. To Use the New Tab Page as your Startup Page
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Select (dot) Use the New Tab page under On Startup settings. (see screenshot below)

5. To Use Previous Pages as your Startup Page
    A) Select (dot) Continue where you left off under On Startup settings. (see screenshot below)

6. To Use Custom Specific Page(s) as your Startup Page
    A) Select (dot) Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup settings. (see screenshot below)

B) If you would like to Add a new page, click/tap on the Add a new page link, enter the URL (ex: www.tenforums.com ) of the webpage you want to add, and click/tap on Add. Repeat if you would like to add another new page. (see screenshot below)

C) If you would like to add all currently opened pages (tabs), click/tap on the Use current pages link. (see screenshot below step 6A)
    D) If you would like to remove an added page, click/tap on the More actions
    button to the right of the page you want to remove. and click/tap on Remove. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Settings tab if you like. (see screenshots above)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 5, 2017
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows

Google Chrome not responding? Windows 10

Hi Jenna,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Step 1: Place the computer in clean boot state to avoid any third party software conflict.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 2: Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Thank you for the update, Judy.

In this case, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    DaveM121 on this thread. The step provided by DaveM121 will provide you more
    detailed view of apps and processes starting in your system. The said post was marked as the answer and may help in sorting out your issue as well.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Arul_D Win User
    Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows

1. Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows - Similar Threads - Change Startup Page

2. Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo: Hello .Can any one let me know how to setup url to open default on chrome startup and set home page to open same url using gpo I have applied the admx template and configured settingsEnable the item named Action on startup.Select the option to open a list of URLsAnd URLs to...
  3. Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo: Hello .Can any one let me know how to setup url to open default on chrome startup and set home page to open same url using gpo I have applied the admx template and configured settingsEnable the item named Action on startup.Select the option to open a list of URLsAnd URLs to...
  4. Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  6. Google Chrome Extensions crash at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Extensions crash at startup.: Every time, when I start my PC after Doscprd and Spotify are started there are little pop-ups on the bottom right, that my Chrome Extensions (AdBlockPlus, Honey and TeleParty) crashed. WIth latest updates installed. Hardware is: Ryzen 5 3600X 2x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 RTX 2070...
  7. Netulis.dll error on google chrome startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netulis.dll error on google chrome startup: Every time I try to open google chrome an error appears that says "chrome.exe - invalid image. C: /Windows/SYSTEM32/netulis.dll was not designed to run on windows or contains an error. Try reinstalling program using original installation media or contact your system...
  8. somehow i have lost google chrome as startup home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    somehow i have lost google chrome as startup home page: startup defaults to windows edge instead of google chrome???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-i-have-lost-google-chrome-as-startup-home/d96bf403-ac6f-4ca7-88a1-3a8f0cf88e4c
  9. Change Theme in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Google Chrome: How to: Change Theme in Google Chrome How to Change Theme in Google Chrome You can personalize Google Chrome on your computer with any custom theme you want. The theme appears around the border of the browser and as the background when you open a new tab. Your Chrome...
  10. Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows When you click/tap on the Home button [img] in Google Chrome, it'll take you to your homepage. You can set your Home button. This tutorial will show you how...