Windows 10: Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Thanks , That's good advice, but I'm a bit slow to do this as I'm hoping that Edge is working more reliably since the latest update, plus I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge

If you do reset, you'll at least be able to backup and restore your favorites.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 21, 2016
  2. djbillyd Win User

It ain't working Brink. I trust your knowledge. I believe your processes usually work. But the above ain't working. I'm gonna try it all again, and let you know. In the meantime....

djbillyd, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello djbillyd, *Smile

What part are you having trouble with?

Brink, Aug 23, 2016
  4. djbillyd Win User

I just finished the registry hunt and couldn't get anything after the Protected value. The ms.microsoftxxxx wasn't there. But I had already done all of the "settings" procedure. I updated to the Anniversary Update, and my choices are a little bit different. But I followed the MS process that I found in answers,Microsoft.com, because of the differences in the choices. I did get Google as my default search engine. But go.microzsoft.com still opens EDGE, in spite of my setting my homepage to my.yahoo.com.

djbillyd, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm sorry, but all I got from that is your homepage is not correct? Could you clarify that?

Brink, Aug 23, 2016
  6. djbillyd Win User
    I worked the registry to the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Protected - It is a violation of Windows Policy to modify. See aka.ms/browserpolicy", in Option Two. Trying to set my homepage to "my.yahoo.com". Instead, it opens with the "go.microsoft. com", or something. Just not yahoo....
    I tried to attach a pic, but I don't see it. Maybe you do.

djbillyd, Aug 23, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    There's not an OPTION TWO. You should be able to set it using step 7 instead though.

Brink, Aug 23, 2016
  8. djbillyd Win User

"Ok @CPinnegar. OPTION TWO added for .reg file options. *Smile"

It's that thread....

djbillyd, Aug 23, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That no longer works, and is why it was removed from the tutorial on the first page. Please look at step 7 to add your startup page instead. *Smile

Brink, Aug 23, 2016
  10. djbillyd Win User
    djbillyd, Aug 23, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 23, 2016
  12. djbillyd Win User
    djbillyd, Aug 24, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You'll often see the "Welcome" screen in Microsoft Edge after it has been updated or reset.

Let's also see your settings to see if anything may look out of place.

Brink, Aug 24, 2016
  14. djbillyd Win User
    Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

I hope it attaches...

djbillyd, Aug 24, 2016
  15. djbillyd Win User

This is the Advanced Settings setup....

djbillyd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Change Startup Page

2. MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1: Hi ALL, I just got updated to 21H1 and all is ok except i now find that when starting MS Edge instead of going to the page I've specified (news.google.com) it starts up at the MS Start page. If I click on the Home icon it does go to the page I want but not when Edge starts...
  3. MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1: Hi ALL, I just got updated to 21H1 and all is ok except i now find that when starting MS Edge instead of going to the page I've specified (news.google.com) it starts up at the MS Start page. If I click on the Home icon it does go to the page I want but not when Edge starts...
  4. Microsoft Edge startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge startup: How do I stop Microsoft Edge opening on windows 10 startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-startup/5aa682d6-a9b1-492b-af66-bfb57ca1bb59
  5. pc startup and edge home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc startup and edge home page: i keep on getting this error message poping up on my computer when i start it up vm8SdnJJB and when i go on my microsoft edge home page it put my screen in a white blank.what is this and how do i get rid of it...
  6. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  7. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  8. Edge Jumping to Startup Page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Jumping to Startup Page: Occasionally I minimize Edge browser and when I maximize it, it jumps from the web page I was on when minimized to Edge start up page. I have Bing designated as start up when Edge opened. Any thoughts? 115735
  9. Edge startup page does not work

in Browsers and Email
    Edge startup page does not work: The Edge startup page ("top sites and suggested content") only shows a blank screen - see below Startup page worked immediately after Win10 update. On 8/1/15 MS tech ran CCCleaner in failed attempt to solve anti-virus notification errors, and since this, I have not been...
  10. Microsoft Edge Startup Page Profile Picture

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Startup Page Profile Picture: Hi, The upper right profile picture on the default Startup Page of Microsoft Edge doesn't update. It keeps displaying the first profile picture I used when I installed Windows 10. Maybe it's a detail for most of the people but being a nitpicker, and not being given any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regedit change-startup-page-microsoft-edge