Windows 10: Change storage location of Microsoft Store games

Discus and support Change storage location of Microsoft Store games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know it is possible to change the default locations for apps from within the Storage menu in Settings, but is it possible to set the location for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LuukO, Dec 6, 2019.

1. LuukO Win User

Change storage location of Microsoft Store games

I know it is possible to change the default locations for apps from within the Storage menu in Settings, but is it possible to set the location for just the apps marked as Games? I use an other partition for games and want to keep things seperated and organized.

:)

LuukO, Dec 6, 2019

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Ickpers Win User
    Windows store Cant change default location

Im trying to download games from the Windows Store/Xbox App but cant install them onto my games hard drive because its not listed in the drop down menu or any other menu choices in the storage settings. The drive works and is listed in "This PC" and in Disk Management.
    I have an SSD installed specifically for games and want to install the games onto it. Here is a screenshot with the games drive (G) not listed.

Change storage location of Microsoft Store games [​IMG]

Ickpers, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Change storage location of Microsoft Store games

When using MS Minesweeper and select a game I get " A saved game was found in the cloud storage location. Which game would you like to use? " use local

Hi Jimbo0,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why you are getting this error: "A saved game was found in the cloud storage location. Which game would you like to use?" when playing the game Microsoft Minesweeper. To help you resolve this
    concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Change storage location of Microsoft Store games

1. Change storage location of Microsoft Store games - Similar Threads - Change storage location

2. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  3. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  4. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. move game storage location?

move game storage location?: So, I am trying to change the location of where my sims 4 game and content are stored but the move option isn't available. but it's a large install and I can't even download all of the content with the game. I'm wanting to relocate it to the external drive instead of the...
  6. move game storage location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move game storage location?: So, I am trying to change the location of where my sims 4 game and content are stored but the move option isn't available. but it's a large install and I can't even download all of the content with the game. I'm wanting to relocate it to the external drive instead of the...
  7. move game storage location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Changing storage location of application downloaded from Microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing storage location of application downloaded from Microsoft: Is it possible to save the application in the Program Folder rather than as selected by Microsoft store. Or at leas place of my choice on laptop? Some time application downloaded from MS store is automatically saved some where, I wanted to change that location. I shall be...
  9. Changing default storage locations

Changing default storage locations: Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to...
  10. Change Defult Storage Location

Change Defult Storage Location: Hi there, I recently purchased a new computer where the hard drive is partitioned into a smaller C drive which is just a boot drive and larger D drive which is meant for everything else. I am having trouble because the C drive is the default drive for installation of new...