Windows 10: Change sync account

Discus and support Change sync account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop and Surface Pro do not show the same account in the sync settings. The Surface Pro shows my personal Microsoft account but my desktop (which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanDevan, Mar 5, 2019.

1. AlanDevan Win User

Change sync account

My desktop and Surface Pro do not show the same account in the sync settings. The Surface Pro shows my personal Microsoft account but my desktop (which I brought from work) shows my work account. How do I change the desktop to my personal MS account so it will sync my Edge favorites with my Surface Pro?

:)

AlanDevan, Mar 5, 2019

2. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Change sync account

Email will not sync in Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.

• Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.

• Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.

• Click on your account.

• Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Change sync account

1. Change sync account - Similar Threads - Change sync account

2. sync accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync accounts: Sync accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-accounts/b78e8c40-19a9-423b-9ed7-c85c5515cb63
  3. sync accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync accounts: Sync accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-accounts/b78e8c40-19a9-423b-9ed7-c85c5515cb63
  4. Not change PC name after syncing to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not change PC name after syncing to Microsoft Account: I have multiple devices and I REALLY REALLY want to sync them all to my Microsoft account because I love the feature of using MS office tools across these devices AND offline solutions for work. BUT I want them all with different device names. Recently I synced my account to...
  5. Account Syncing

Account Syncing: Good day, I would like to find out how to fix my Windows profile account setting: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-syncing/41b4e6a5-1831-4b14-9f83-b10ad39cfeea
  6. sync account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sync account: Hi, My friend and I bought new dell laptop at the same time. I have no issue using my gmail account to do the first time setup. However, my friend is having trouble to get pass having her gmail account recognised in the first time setup. Microsoft recognise the gmail...
  7. Syncing account problem

Syncing account problem: When i download a thing on one of my computers it downloads to both. They are signed into the same account. I want to know how to make unsync so i can have different stuff on different computer...
  8. Change sync settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change sync settings: In order to keep my 2 pc's separate, (win7 and win10) I read on this forum to change the sync settings. I log on as admin and go to ACCOUNT settings. The "change your sync settings" is grayed out. I also do not understand "manage my microsoft account" or "sign in with a local...
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change account that i am syncing to

2. change windows sync account

3. change sync account on windows phone

4. how to synch windows domain account in microsoft account in 2019