Windows 10: Change System Cooling Policy for Processor – Passive or Active

Discus and support Change System Cooling Policy for Processor – Passive or Active in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Be it Desktop or Laptop, it’s important to conserve power. One of the ways it can be done is using the System Cooling Policy. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 26, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Change System Cooling Policy for Processor – Passive or Active

WinClub, Jul 26, 2019

2. After the last two updates, cooling fan runs non-stop!

Hi Spruce,

To resolve the issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

1. Go to Control Panel ► All Control Panel Items ► Power Options.

2. Click change plan settings.

3. Click change advanced power settings.

4. Scroll down, expand processor power management.

5. Then, expand system cooling policy and change both to passive.

6. Then, reboot.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Jul 26, 2019
  3. My System page reads incorrect .

Hi: Abdul

This morning I turned on my computer and the SYSTEM page read correctly 3.82

Then I did what your said to do, when I got to POWER OPTIONS-Advanced settings, I expanded Processor power management. The only thing that appeared is System cooling policy. Under that was the word Settings next to that was a setting I could change . It
    was on Passive but it could be changed to Active if I chose to do so. Should I change this to Active or leave it on Passive.

Thank You: Paul

PaulCaserta, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Change System Cooling Policy for Processor – Passive or Active

Windows 10 and CPU fans

I found a setting in the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Advanced Settings -> Processor power management -> System cooling policy

mine was set to On battery: Passive Changed to Active - APPLY.

Plugged in: Active Changed to Passive then back to Active - APPLY with each change.

CPU Fan started up running faster again...

I think there was something glitchy when windows10 installed and the settings got messed up.

Hope this helps for some of you.

- Neil

RNeilPeterson, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Change System Cooling Policy for Processor – Passive or Active

1. Change System Cooling Policy for Processor – Passive or Active - Similar Threads - Change System Cooling

2. Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...: My processor works fine up to 100% when plugged in and the fan whirrs away happily. But when I unplug the laptop the processor utilisation cuts down to 15% and stays there until plugged in again, with the fan ceasing to run entirely. The above image shows the results of...
  3. Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...: My processor works fine up to 100% when plugged in and the fan whirrs away happily. But when I unplug the laptop the processor utilisation cuts down to 15% and stays there until plugged in again, with the fan ceasing to run entirely. The above image shows the results of...
  4. Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...: I am attempting to monitor the status of SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege and SeEnableDelegationPrivilege to determine if they have been updated/changed. When doing so, this configuration file doesn't seem to update. Are there any other locations where a variable would affect "Force...
  6. Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...: I am attempting to monitor the status of SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege and SeEnableDelegationPrivilege to determine if they have been updated/changed. When doing so, this configuration file doesn't seem to update. Are there any other locations where a variable would affect "Force...
  7. Defender in Passive Mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender in Passive Mode?: I installed Avast (free version) on my new pc because I have had good success with Avast on my Mac for years. I have repeatedly read that if third-party AV software is installed, Defender will automatically be disabled. This does not appear to be the case because in the...
  8. passive or active adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    passive or active adapter: I just purchased an EVGA GTX 1060 and I have 2 monitors that have a DVI port and a VGA port. If I use a DVI to display port adapter or cable, does the adapter or cable need to be passive or active? 89978
  9. Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove System cooling policy from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "System cooling policy" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify an active or passive cooling mode for the system. System Cooling Policy...
  10. Change System Cooling Policy for Processor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change System Cooling Policy for Processor in Windows 10: How to: Change System Cooling Policy for Processor in Windows 10 How to Change System Cooling Policy for Processor Power Management in Windows 10 The System cooling policy setting under Processor power management in Power Options allows you to specify an active or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change the settings from passive to active on my computers gpu

2. lenovo windows power management active vs passive

3. how does windows 10 passive cooling policy work