Windows 10: Change system specs

Discus and support Change system specs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to change my system specs as I have a new laptop to replace the old desktop. What is the best and simplest way to change. I did go into my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Nov 21, 2017.

1. menu Win User

Change system specs

I want to change my system specs as I have a new laptop to replace the old desktop.
    What is the best and simplest way to change. I did go into my old specs but failed to delete, And how would be the best way to get my new specs into the proper folder
    Many Thanks David.

:)

2. johnptd Win User

Upgrade to windows10 system specs

Not every system is upgradeable. Even some that indicate that they are upgradeable may not end up working properly especially if they are older and there are not proper Windows 10 drivers available for them. You see all the problems people are having with
    the upgrade by the number of posts here. Check the website of your computer's manufacturer to see what their recommendation is as far as upgradeability of your computer. If they say it is not supported, it would be best to stick with Windows 7 until you are
    ready to buy a new computer that will have Windows 10. Windows 7 will be supported for another four years,

JohnD

johnptd, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Upgrade to windows10 system specs

CPU Not Compatible

To install Windows 10 on your PC, the processor (CPU) must support the following features: Physical Address Extension (PAE), NX, and SSE2. Most CPUs have support for these features, so if you receive this error, it is likely because the NX feature is not
    enabled on your system.

If your computer does support these extensions, you could still try using ISO media. In some instances, you might have to switch from your current architecture, 64 to 32 bit since these requirements mostly affect installation of 64 bit Windows 10:

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

See instructions: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Andre Da Costa, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Change system specs

Hi David. Pretty sure you did it right but you have to hit save changes all the way at the bottom.

If you go to forum first page, click quick links then Update system specs.

Change system specs [​IMG]

Change and save.

Caledon Ken, Nov 22, 2017
Thema:

Change system specs

1. Change system specs - Similar Threads - Change system specs

2. Editing a System Spec Describing Two Systems

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing a System Spec Describing Two Systems: My Win10/Pro x64 system currently reports as 10.0.19042 Build 19042. It is not 'happy' and refuses to update. I'm gathering facts about it, hence the request below. Some time ago I created a profile for a custom Win10 machine. It contains 2 profiles, one for a 2008 machine...
  3. What are your system specs?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are your system specs?: I know I know... All you have to do is hit My System Specs. That's great but what I would like to do is put all that information together in one post. I know one of my nutty ideas and yes... Just trying to have fun! It's not all problem solving. Yes, it is... But that's...
  4. Laptop specs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop specs: I need a new laptop. What do you think of the following specs: Dynabook Toshiba Tecra A-50F Windows 10 Pro Education 16GB DDR4 RAM 1TB SSD Lithium Ion Battery I don't know if it is removeable Celeron 4205U - 1.8Gz with 2 cores I don't do anything special with...
  5. Capability of windows to download system specs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Capability of windows to download system specs: Hi Microsoft Community, I've been seeing a lot about on Ways to Check System Specs on Windows 10. I wonder, what will be the most efficient and accurate way on how to check the system specs on Windows 10. And does the windows 10 is capable on extracting those information...
  6. Can't change my PC Spec.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change my PC Spec.: I have just acquired another PC, but am unable to erase the existing spec. What can I do to overcome this? 133156
  7. Computer Specs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Specs: Where can I find my computer specifications for my Lenovo Ideapad 330 ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-specs/c39cbb53-928c-48fe-8635-ea74bb0a6a4c"
  8. Running Windows 10 on low spec systems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running Windows 10 on low spec systems: Anyone running 10 on a low spec machine? ( eg. Core 2 processors, and pre Windows 7 compliant) I'm keen to know how the performance keeps up after a few days, weeks etc. 11038
  9. How to Find out System Specs

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Find out System Specs: Hi, I'd like to know how to find out my system specs so I can have them to put in the 'My System Specs' menu*Smile 32706
  10. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums: How to: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums How to Fill in your System Specs at Ten Forums [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to fill out your system specs at Ten Forums which will enable other members to assist you more quickly and efficiently....