Windows 10: Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into...

Discus and support Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'v tried to change time in PC BIOS setting to earlier(e.g. change from 17:00 to same day 08:00), after saving change and boot to Windows 10 desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ming-Hung.Hung, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into...

I'v tried to change time in PC BIOS setting to earlier(e.g. change from 17:00 to same day 08:00), after saving change and boot to Windows 10 desktop the system time will be restore to original 17:00.

However, if just change few hours, maybe 1 or 2 hours, boot to Windows 10 desktop will be the time I changed.

Wondering if Windows 10 has a checking mechanism to prevent this kind of change?

:)

Ming-Hung.Hung, Aug 30, 2019

2. Can't able to change the system time

Hi,

If the system time is not changing after configuring the date and time settings on Control Panel, most likely, the BIOS clock is also incorrect. We suggest making sure that the date and time settings on your computer is properly configured. To configure
    the date and time settings, follow the steps below:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Date and Time.
    • Click Change date and time, then set the correct information.
    • Click Change time zone, then select the correct time zone.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.

If the system time still didn't change, we recommend that you contact the computer manufacturer for further assistance on how to check and configure the BIOS clock of your device.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Aug 30, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into...

Time keeps randomly changing (time zone settings are correct, not BIOS related)

Hi Erik,

If your system time keeps changing, you may need to synchronize your PC's clock with an Internet Time Server. This can help ensure that your PC's time is accurate. Please note that you need to connect to the internet at least once a week to for the synchronization
    to occur.

If your PC is on a domain, you can't synchronize your clock with an Internet time server. Your clock will automatically synchronize with the domain controller instead.

You can follow these steps to integrate you PC's clock with an Internet Time Server:

• Open the Control Panel in small icons view.
    • Click on the Date and Time icon.
    • Click on the Internet Time tab.
    • Click on the Change settings button.
    • Click Yes if prompted by User Account Control.
    • Check the Synchronize with an Internet time server box and select a time server from the drop down.
    • Click on Update now.
    • When the clock is successfully synchronized, click on OK.
    • Click on OK.
    Note: If you PC's time or date is set incorrectly by too much, it can cause an error when trying to synchronize your clock. If an error occurred (Step 8), then click on
    Update now again.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into...

1. Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into... - Similar Threads - Change System BIOS

2. BIOS boot time in task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS boot time in task manager.: Hello. Recently, the BIOS boot time in the task manager when the laptop is turned on has increased from 3.6 to 3.7 seconds. What could have caused this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-boot-time-in-task-manager/1b26aa4e-3a05-490b-9ebf-e0d6bdaf4c34
  3. BIOS boot time in task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS boot time in task manager.: Hello. Recently, the BIOS boot time in the task manager when the laptop is turned on has increased from 3.6 to 3.7 seconds. What could have caused this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-boot-time-in-task-manager/1b26aa4e-3a05-490b-9ebf-e0d6bdaf4c34
  4. What affects BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What affects BIOS boot time?: Hello everyone! Today, BIOS boot time has increased from 3.6 to 3.7 seconds. I'm interested what could have caused this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-affects-bios-boot-time/4fef93d1-e0f3-4ee7-8f08-cdc2982f10a7
  5. Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time?: I have 13.6 seconds for my boot time and I don't know if that's normal or not. I have quite a few things on startup: iCUE, Razer Synapse, Wallpaper Engine (on high), LGHUB, and Steam. I have a GTX 1080 with a 7600k processor. submitted by /u/ChooChoo-Planes [link]...
  6. Long BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long BIOS boot time?: Hey guys, so I switched over to an NVMe SSD boot drive about a year ago. It used to take me like 20 seconds to boot fully to my login screen it was amazing. But for the past few months, my computer hangs on the Dell boot icon that spins for like sometimes a full minute now,...
  7. System configuration cannot save the original for later restoration. Boot changes will be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System configuration cannot save the original for later restoration. Boot changes will be...: It start off, I could not install Windows 10, Version 2004, I'm getting a 0x80004005 error. So I was going to start the computer is safe mode. I get the following: [ATTACH] Any ideas? Thanks...
  8. No time limits set, but still limiting time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  9. system time setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    system time setting: Why is difference between the UTC & UTC+0 time exactly 1 hour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-time-setting/66c32ee1-3757-41e1-9054-9287ada36f53
  10. Restore system back each time it boots?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore system back each time it boots?: What was the tool that makes Windows restore system back to the clean state each time it boots? i would like to have it enabled for schools because studens keep messing up computers and i have to reinstall the computer via network. Many years ago, i were student at school...