Windows 10: Change target program in Task Scheduler

Discus and support Change target program in Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It blows my mind to no end that MS has never made an easy to use task scheduler in Windows. I went through the convoluted steps in Task Scheduler to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 12Comp, Jan 6, 2020.

1. 12Comp Win User

Change target program in Task Scheduler

It blows my mind to no end that MS has never made an easy to use task scheduler in Windows.

I went through the convoluted steps in Task Scheduler to start a program a sound at a certain time daily.

I would like REALLY to change that target program to start another program. I don't see an option to do that, or even to delete a task.

Any way to do this?

:)

12Comp, Jan 6, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Change target program in Task Scheduler

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Change target program in Task Scheduler

1. Change target program in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Change target program

2. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  3. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  4. Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions: Hi there, I use a scheduled task to start a backup with beyond compare, but I need ondrive to start first. So I have two Actions in one schedule: Start a program C:\... ondrive.exe Start a program C:\... BCompare.exe Does the second action for Beyond Compare waits till the...
  5. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler: I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any idea how this would work in Task Scheduler? Thank you....
  6. How to run a program in task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run a program in task scheduler?: I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and wondered if there is a guide for W10 64 anywhere or if anyone can tell me how? Many thanks in advance! John. 13863
  7. Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office: Does anyone know how to have Task Scheduler start a program to run with the launch of ANY Office application? I have a registry edit which will enable the black theme in Office 2016. It needs to be run each time any Office app opens. I can do this on an individual basis, or...
  8. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  9. Close program each day with Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Close program each day with Task Scheduler?: I cannot get it to work that Windows Task Scheduler closes a program each day. I have added this path C:\Dir Lw C\Programme\Rainlendar - Dirks Kalender (Daten etc.)\RainlendarPro schließen.lnk to a new task and the ink file is containing this "C:\Dir Lw...
  10. Task Scheduler not running programs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not running programs...: Hello Guys, I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Tried using Task Scheduler to automatically run Good Sync program on a predefined schedule. However, it fails to run the program. My user account has administrative priviledges. Thanks for your replies. 37970