Windows 10: Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

Discus and support Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I created a shortcut, then changed its icon: right-click-> Properties -> Change Icon -> selected a .ico file. I dragged it to the taskbar and whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/keepscrollinyamuppet, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

I created a shortcut, then changed its icon: right-click-> Properties -> Change Icon -> selected a .ico file.

I dragged it to the taskbar and whenever I click on the taskbar icon, Edge opens in a new window with the old icon.

My task bar

Note that I am using Chromium Edge not the default one.

How do I get it to open in the same window with the new icon?

submitted by /u/keepscrollinyamuppet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/keepscrollinyamuppet, Nov 4, 2019

2. task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Joe2Sail Win User
    microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Tried this fix and got no results. Took it one step further and hit "reset". Then, like Edge warned, all of the add-ons and history and settings were deleted, but there is still no icon in the task bar. Just a hole which, if punched, opens Edge. Guess
    I will just abandon any attempts to use what MS thinks is a wonderful browser and continue to use reliable Firefox and Chrome.

Joe2Sail, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

1. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge - Similar Threads - Change Task bar

2. Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.: I am using Edge Chromium in Win 10 V 2004. I haven't had any problems but now if I hold the cursor over the grey star with three lines (Favourites icon) top right the Manage option has vanished and favourites is very slow to open and only a small part of the favourites list...
  3. Task Bar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  4. New Chromium Edge running 29 tasks??

in Browsers and Email
    New Chromium Edge running 29 tasks??: I only had 3 tabs open, (one of the tabs to businessinsider dot com) trying to watch a video on business insider, and the video was buffering big time. I looked at task manager and there are 29 instances of Edge running! Is that normal? 163157
  5. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date. Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363) I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an Other favourites folder. The functionality of the new Manage favourites seems OK until I...
  6. Chromium behavior in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium behavior in Task Bar: I have Edge Chromium pinned to the taskbar. A few days ago the way it works changed. Now when I click on the taskbar to open it a new icon appears for the open tab. It is slightly annoying since there are now two icons in the taskbar. Anyone else have this happening or know...
  7. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  8. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  9. Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 **Original Title** Microsoft Edge Chromium...
  10. Change icon in task bar

Change icon in task bar: I'm trying to change the Google icon in the task bar. I right click on the current icon, click on properties, click on change icon, select new icon, click on apply - and nothing happens!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge