Windows 10: Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program?

Discus and support Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Im looking for a way to change the display resolution and size of text, apps, and other items from a command line batch file or some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by esskaykay, May 12, 2021.

1. esskaykay Win User

Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program?

Hello, Im looking for a way to change the display resolution and size of text, apps, and other items from a command line batch file or some other one-click routine. I found an old/small program called QRes.exe that changes the resolution which is great (qres.exe /x:2048 /y:1152). However, it does not affect the text size. I currently want to adjust the text scale from 200% to 150%; then later run a second routine to return the scale to 200%. Does anyone know of a command line or some other free program that will adjust the text? Im running Win10-Home. Thanks, Steve K.

:)

esskaykay, May 12, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program? :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 12, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

Thema:

1. Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program? - Similar Threads - Change Text Scale

2. Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?: I like the new Text Actions option in the new snipping tool and is really helpful for my work.Is there a way to programmaticallycommand line open an image file with snipping tool and extract the text with new Text Actions ?Expected Snipping tool to open with image but it...
  3. Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?: I like the new Text Actions option in the new snipping tool and is really helpful for my work.Is there a way to programmaticallycommand line open an image file with snipping tool and extract the text with new Text Actions ?Expected Snipping tool to open with image but it...
  4. Speed test via command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed test via command line: I need to test the speed of an Internet connection.I can test it by connecting to sites line fast.com or speedtest.net, but I want to perform a continuous test and to save the results on a file.I created a PowerShell script to run ping every 30 seconds and it works fine, but...
  5. Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  6. Change Power Mode via script or command line

Change Power Mode via script or command line: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  7. Shortcut for changing text and apps scale

Shortcut for changing text and apps scale: Hello, I am trying to use my PC in living room from afar and it works great when used with 200% scale on text, icons and apps, but switching between 100% when using at desk and 200% when from couch is a bit cumbersome to go through display settings every time. Is there a way...
  8. How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?: Hello, In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders. I have a batch file that sets the Accent Color like this: Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v AccentColor...
  9. Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.: I currently use a macro to change the size of text, apps, and other items from 150% to 100% and back to 150%. When at 100% I can run Sysinternals' "BGinfo.exe" - Background Info - to update the info on the desktop's background. BGinfo.exe works at 100% only. So my...
  10. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...