Windows 10: change the background

Discus and support change the background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot change the background on my device and this message appears, even though my device is Windows 10 ..How can I solve this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dareen Hadi, May 21, 2024.

1. change the background

I cannot change the background on my device and this message appears, even though my device is Windows 10 ..How can I solve this problem?

:)

Dareen Hadi, May 21, 2024

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 21, 2024
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Background cannot be changed

Hi,

To change the background on your Windows 10 Mobile, please follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and tap on Personalization.
    • Tap on Start.
    • Tap on the drop-down list under Choose a background.
    • Select your preferred background and click apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, May 21, 2024
  4. change the background

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 21, 2024
Thema:

change the background

1. change the background - Similar Threads - change background

2. My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops: My background keeps changing from whatever I set it to back to the windows default whenever I switch desktops. I've done all the common solutions, I've gone to regedit to set NoChangingWallPaper to 1 which kinda worked: if i went back to the change wallpaper screen it would...
  3. My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops: My background keeps changing from whatever I set it to back to the windows default whenever I switch desktops. I've done all the common solutions, I've gone to regedit to set NoChangingWallPaper to 1 which kinda worked: if i went back to the change wallpaper screen it would...
  4. Live Desktop Background is not showing any movements now and unable to change it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Desktop Background is not showing any movements now and unable to change it.: Hello MS I have Win 10 Enterprise and currently I am facing problems in changing my Live Desktop Background because it is not showing any movements now....
  5. Live Desktop Background is not showing any movements now and unable to change it.

Live Desktop Background is not showing any movements now and unable to change it.: Hello MS I have Win 10 Enterprise and currently I am facing problems in changing my Live Desktop Background because it is not showing any movements now....
  6. Live Desktop Background is not showing any movements now and unable to change it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. desktop background has changed in WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop background has changed in WIN10: I am using WIN10 and few days ago a blurry photo came up as wallpaper?. I hadn't changed anything maybe a Windows Update? I went into control panel and to display settings but I don't see anything to just take out that old photo which i guess is now being used as the...
  8. desktop background has changed in WIN10

desktop background has changed in WIN10: I am using WIN10 and few days ago a blurry photo came up as wallpaper?. I hadn't changed anything maybe a Windows Update? I went into control panel and to display settings but I don't see anything to just take out that old photo which i guess is now being used as the...
  9. desktop background has changed in WIN10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 11 Automatically Switches Desktops When Background Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Automatically Switches Desktops When Background Changes: Hi, I am using a Windows 11 laptop and I am trying to use more than one desktop. However, every time I use two desktops, Windows suddenly switches automatically to the unused desktop whenever the background changes. Could you please assist me with this issue?Thank you....