Windows 10: change the background

Discus and support change the background in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot change the background on my device and this message appears, even though my device is Windows 10 ..How can I solve this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dareen Hadi, May 21, 2024.

1. change the background

I cannot change the background on my device and this message appears, even though my device is Windows 10 ..How can I solve this problem?

:)

Dareen Hadi, May 21, 2024

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 21, 2024
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Background cannot be changed

Hi,

To change the background on your Windows 10 Mobile, please follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and tap on Personalization.
    • Tap on Start.
    • Tap on the drop-down list under Choose a background.
    • Select your preferred background and click apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, May 21, 2024
  4. change the background

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 21, 2024
Thema:

change the background

1. change the background - Similar Threads - change background

2. Windows "Lock Screen" Background is not changing though it's set to "Windows Spotlight"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Lock Screen" Background is not changing though it's set to "Windows Spotlight": My understanding is Windows Spotlight is to show different places through photos with pieces of information describing those photos. Since install of Windows 11, I have changed background and my lock screen is set to "Spotlight" but it will/does not change from a deep blue...
  3. Windows "Lock Screen" Background is not changing though it's set to "Windows Spotlight"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "Lock Screen" Background is not changing though it's set to "Windows Spotlight": My understanding is Windows Spotlight is to show different places through photos with pieces of information describing those photos. Since install of Windows 11, I have changed background and my lock screen is set to "Spotlight" but it will/does not change from a deep blue...
  4. Why image changes to my background solid color black automatically in windows 11 when set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why image changes to my background solid color black automatically in windows 11 when set...: So now and then, I encounter an image that when I set it as background it automatically turns my background solid color black. There is no pattern to what attributes in the image cause the issue, so I wondered if anyone else also encounters the same issue.Furthermore, all...
  5. Why image changes to my background solid color black automatically in windows 11 when set...

Why image changes to my background solid color black automatically in windows 11 when set...: So now and then, I encounter an image that when I set it as background it automatically turns my background solid color black. There is no pattern to what attributes in the image cause the issue, so I wondered if anyone else also encounters the same issue.Furthermore, all...
  6. What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?: Seriously, what the fudge was Micro$oft thinking with this absolute idiocy? Whomever came up with this needs to be fired and then fed to a pack of ravenous wolves. Stop trying to force unwanted features on your users. Stop effing with people's settings. It's unwanted,...
  7. What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?: Seriously, what the fudge was Micro$oft thinking with this absolute idiocy? Whomever came up with this needs to be fired and then fed to a pack of ravenous wolves. Stop trying to force unwanted features on your users. Stop effing with people's settings. It's unwanted,...
  8. What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do you change the background on the Windows sign-in when you first turn your computer...

How do you change the background on the Windows sign-in when you first turn your computer...: I've seen this question asked and answered many times, but most of the answers don't apply to the question, and the ones that come close don't work.I would like to know how to change the background on the screen that first appears where you sign-in when you turn your computer...
  10. How do you change the background on the Windows sign-in when you first turn your computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the background on the Windows sign-in when you first turn your computer...: I've seen this question asked and answered many times, but most of the answers don't apply to the question, and the ones that come close don't work.I would like to know how to change the background on the screen that first appears where you sign-in when you turn your computer...