Windows 10: Change the calendar for existing event in Windows Calendar

Discus and support Change the calendar for existing event in Windows Calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the built-in Calendar app on Windows NOT Outlook, I have an event in my personal calendar that I want to move to a shared one. If I create a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LovePS, Aug 29, 2022.

1. LovePS Win User

Change the calendar for existing event in Windows Calendar

In the built-in Calendar app on Windows NOT Outlook, I have an event in my personal calendar that I want to move to a shared one. If I create a new event, I can select which calendar it goes into. For existing events, I cannot find a way to change the calendar. Is this possible without re-creating the event?

:)

LovePS, Aug 29, 2022
  2. BenHN Win User

Change the calendar type of an event

Is the option available to change the calendar type of an event? When I create an event, it has a drop down to select which calendar the event falls under. However, once the event is created, I don't see a way to change the calendar type. Does that option
    exist? OR do I have to delete an event (and all the notes, location, etc.) and create the event all over again in a new calendar?

BenHN, Aug 30, 2022
  3. Athalwolf Win User
    Outlook Calendar events changed color.

Hi Ken,

Apologies for not responding sooner. I am working double shifts. I did try changing the theme colour and while that functions fine it has no effect on the calendar event colour.

Here is something of interest. if I right click on an existing Event. Then select Categorize it shows Blue as the top colour. Purple is the fourth down the list. If I then select Manage Categories Purple is at the top and Blue is second.

Athalwolf, Aug 30, 2022
  4. Change the calendar for existing event in Windows Calendar

gmail calendar event is deleted by calendar app

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If your Google calendar can't be synced with the Windows Calendar app, then follow the below Microsoft article.

Windows help & learning

If the issue persists then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app form the Windows Store.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

Change the calendar for existing event in Windows Calendar

1. Change the calendar for existing event in Windows Calendar - Similar Threads - Change calendar existing

2. w11 Calendar events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w11 Calendar events: Hi, where are the calendar event files stored. I'm trying to delete all events from the app and there is no neat way of doing this, but even neither resetting or reinstalling the app don't remove them....
  3. Change the calendar for existing event in Windows Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the calendar for existing event in Windows Calendar: In the built-in Calendar app on Windows NOT Outlook, I have an event in my personal calendar that I want to move to a shared one. If I create a new event, I can select which calendar it goes into. For existing events, I cannot find a way to change the calendar. Is this...
  4. Calendar Events Change to "Free" Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Events Change to "Free" Automatically: Hello, I am having an issue with the Windows 10 calendar the one that comes already installed on the laptop and can't find anything about it online. When I create events, no matter what status I choose, the status always changes to "free". If I try to go into the event and...
  5. Calendar app events change appearance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar app events change appearance: [ATTACH] The events in my calendar look like this: https://preview.redd.it/ahfw62bd8ur51.png?width=2272&format=png&auto=webp&s=1d21dc06cbbd7baab43294ee2a561c1589110e6a For some time after i reset the "Calendar and Mail app" it looks like this:...
  6. Outlook Calendar events changed color.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Calendar events changed color.: I'm using Outlook.live.com. on Windows 10. I'm just using the online version of Outlook. My calendar events used to be blue with an option to categorize them a different colour after creating them. Now they are starting off as purple. I cannot find how to change the default...
  7. Calendar crashes when opening existing event

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calendar crashes when opening existing event: Hi, When I open an exising event to view or edit it, the Calendar app crashes and just evaporates. I've tried updating and troubleshooting but nothing worked. I reset the Calendar app in Settings but still get the same problem. Calendar version is 16005.12624.20212.0 on Win...
  8. iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  9. Moving Windows 10 Calendar events (between calendars)

Moving Windows 10 Calendar events (between calendars): Hello, I am using Mail and Calendar apps in my Win10. I have events in my calendar that need to move to a different calendar for better organization, but can´t see an option to do that? Any clues? Thanks!...
  10. Calendar New Event

Calendar New Event: Can't get this to work,click on new event and nothing happens? Calendar loads OK and highlights today,just can't add any events. This was a new install and I think it worked after the install,not sure why not working. Thanks for any suggestions on helping me fix this....