Windows 10: Change the color of my File Explorer back to the color it was before the update.

Discus and support Change the color of my File Explorer back to the color it was before the update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I personally like the old white background before the recent update with the dark background, however the point isn't the color of the background.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertBrady2, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Change the color of my File Explorer back to the color it was before the update.

I personally like the old white background before the recent update with the dark background, however the point isn't the color of the background.

The Point is that Microsoft choses what I like whether I like it or not.

their required updates should focus on security and bugs, not changing my preferences and other settings.

They dictate my font and colors with every update, its based on what They like. They take over your computer to create their updates, they assume the customers have nothing better to do with their computer at the time (like creating important documents) and are held hostage to their most important interests.

We may own the computer but are at the mercy of Microsoft on what they want and when they want it. If Microsoft were truly consumer friendly, they would not mess with our settings, and only update bugs and security issues. Then SUGGEST new cool options, such as background and fonts for us to adopt if we desire.

Now I have to change my focus from production to research on how to change my settings back to what I like.

Most controls needed to obtain the settings I prefer, require me to go to 3rd party software to use a shell.

:)

RobertBrady2, Feb 24, 2019

2. File explorer changes color after the last upgrade.

After the last Windows 10 update the color of File explorer on the folder that i am currently on will have the top of the folder in a solid color. It used to be white but now has the same color as the background one. For example: http://i.imgur.com/Ul9L7pt.png.

Here is a demonstration with some files when it changes color on the one that is currently in use:

http://i.imgur.com/gAVUNTQ.png - and - http://i.imgur.com/0baWXsN.png

Is there any way to change it back to the way it was before?I tried changing the color of the background to white but it doesn't have the white color.

Thanks in advance

AndreiAron, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Change the color of my File Explorer back to the color it was before the update.

Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Change the color of my File Explorer back to the color it was before the update.

1. Change the color of my File Explorer back to the color it was before the update. - Similar Threads - Change color File

2. Change app color background back to accent color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change app color background back to accent color: [ATTACH] I got the new app icons (mail, maps, calendar and others) but they are now all on a blue tile instead of the accent color I had picked How do I get the icons back on the red accent color?...
  3. back ground color change

in Windows 10 Customization
    back ground color change: how do I change the color of my background from black to white and the text to black. I accidently change bkgd. to black but unable to reverse the change. I have a new laptop which I have not had before. Please be specific thank you Stein *** Email address is removed...
  4. background color in file explorer

background color in file explorer: OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up...
  5. How to change colors back to default colors on my Acer monitor

How to change colors back to default colors on my Acer monitor: 2 or 3 years ago I changed my monitor colors to give me a black background with white font to make it easier on my old eyes. Subsequent automatic updates have modified the layout on my Windows 10 control panel and I don't recall how I made that change. So, my question is; how...
  6. How to change colors back to defaul colors on my Acer monitor

How to change colors back to defaul colors on my Acer monitor: 2 or 3 years ago I changed my monitor colors to give me a black background with white font to make it easier on my old eyes. Subsequent automatic updates have modified the layout on my Windows 10 control panel and I don't recall how I made that change. So, my question is; how...
  7. Updated changed color

Updated changed color: After the lastest windows 10, my dropbox background went from white to grey and I can't read it well. Any way to change it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updated-changed-color/20429395-9757-429c-946a-4af774d028c4
  8. How to change File Explorer background colors?

How to change File Explorer background colors?: My Windows 10 Home just updated to version 1809 and for some reason the Windows File Explorer background changed from white to a dark charcoal gray. I don't mind the gray so much, but it would be better if it were lighter. How do I change it? I've looked everywhere for an...
  9. File explorer wrong color

File explorer wrong color: After this October update, that a friend of mine told me that File Explorer would have a matching color of your system default theme, light or dark, I only got this monstrosity in my system. It's wrong in both light and dark. Someone could explain me how can this be fixed?...
  10. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

Windows file explorer background color changed after update: After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme...