Windows 10: Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar

Discus and support Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking for a way to change the color of the line under programs that are open in the taskbar to a dynamic color that fits the icon of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marvos, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Marvos Win User

Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar

Hello,

I am looking for a way to change the color of the line under programs that are open in the taskbar to a dynamic color that fits the icon of the open program, similar to how taskbar entries were colored in Windows 7. Is there a way to do this?

I want to change the color of the blue line (as seen in the screenshot) to orange, as that is the dominant color for the Firefox icon. And the color of lines under other entries to their respective colors.

Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar [​IMG]

:)

Marvos, Aug 2, 2015
  2. SFMA Win User

Line in taskbar under open programs

When I first upgraded to Windows 10, the colored line under open programs appeared in the task bar. Some time ago, however, those lines disappeared. I have several programs pinned to my task bar, so now I have to click on each program to see if it
    is open or not, as the line does not appear.

Those lines, however, do appear when I re-size the taskbar by enlarging it.
    Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar [​IMG]
    I checked my screen resolution
    and it is the correct, recommended one.

SFMA, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Line in taskbar under open programs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response. We understand your concern.

I would like to inform you that the lines that you see under the apps in the Task bar is very normal. The lines appears only when the apps are opened either on the desktop or the background as an indication that the apps are still running.

Hope this information helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar

1. Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Change color line

2. White lines under installed programs, wont open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White lines under installed programs, wont open.: As the title suggests, I am having a problem where pre installed apps have white lines when I click on them and they wont open, as shown here https://imgur.com/a/04vgeeI...
  3. White lines under installed programs, wont open.

White lines under installed programs, wont open.: As the title suggests, I am having a problem where pre installed apps have white lines when I click on them and they wont open, as shown here https://imgur.com/a/04vgeeI...
  4. Line under taskbar icons not working

Line under taskbar icons not working: The blue line under my taskbar is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-under-taskbar-icons-not-working/b3b1210c-e845-4669-9b09-18ad8cfdf479
  5. Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar: Hi all, As per the above Title: the Blue Line under currently open applications in my taskbar disappears after a period of time, maybe a few minutes? It's frustrating as I appreciate what I can view as currently open. The only way I can resolve the issue (albeit temporary)...
  6. change taskbar color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    change taskbar color: change taskbar color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-taskbar-color/961f938b-8a62-4c9d-ba77-58298886846f
  7. Change color of little bar under taskbar icons

Change color of little bar under taskbar icons: Hello, I want to change the color of this: [ATTACH] can someone tell me how to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-color-of-little-bar-under-taskbar-icons/b16f279e-bcf0-4df4-92c6-415ccfae72f1
  8. CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors

CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors: When you click on the arrow beside the "fill color" or "font color" icons you see a drop down that has Theme Colors and also Standard colors. The Standard colors has a limit of only 10 colors that are selected when you first start using Excel. These are colors you predict...
  9. Green Line Under Taskbar

Green Line Under Taskbar: I know this has to do with virtual desktops... but it's super obnoxious. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't really need or want multiple desktops anyway, and it's irritating that it shows a little green bar under every program even when I only have one desktop... 14448
  10. How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar

How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar: This thin blue line appeared again under websites I have open in my taskbar. It had gone away but back after the Anniversary Update. I find it distracting and want it gone. I use was IE 11 as my default but now see Edge as default program if that helps 59735

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change colored line under active app icons taskbat