Windows 10: Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10

Discus and support Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, As far as I understand there is no option to select your camera input just like selecting recording device input. People suggest that to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ermanas, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Ermanas Win User

Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10

Hello,

As far as I understand there is no option to select your camera input just like selecting recording device input. People suggest that to disable the unused cameras on "Device Manager" but this is not an elegant way to do it.

So please add Default Camera Input settings for the Windows 10.

Cheers.

:)

Ermanas, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Default Camera

2. change default camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change default camera: hi i would like to change my default camera and i looked it up and tried this already Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.Click on Devices and Printers.Check if the USB cam device is present, if the device is present then right click on it and select Set as...
  3. change default camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change default camera: hi i would like to change my default camera and i looked it up and tried this already Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.Click on Devices and Printers.Check if the USB cam device is present, if the device is present then right click on it and select Set as...
  4. change default camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. change default camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    change default camera: How to change default webcam in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-camera/0e19b8a0-6ca9-4d2e-9642-a866c67faa15
  6. How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10: When you connect more than one microphone or another recording device to your Windows 10 PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Input Device We can...
  7. Changing Default Camera to Logitech External USB Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Default Camera to Logitech External USB Camera: I want to set the default camera for videos e.g., GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom to a USB-connected Logitech Webcam PRO 9000. I have downloaded the Logitech software and confirmed the camera is working. However, while I see the Logitech device in Control Panel -> Devices and...
  8. How to change default camera in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default camera in windows 10?: Hi guys, I just connected my ps eye camera to my pc. Online I found how to install the drivers and through the appropriate ps eye app on the pc I can select the camera and see through that. But if I want to use it also in skype or other apps, how can I tell Windows that ps...
  9. Unable to change audio input on Camera app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change audio input on Camera app: Hi, I recently got a new computer running Windows 10 and was hoping to record gameplay. I plan on using fraps to record the game (and its sound), and use the Windows Camera app (which comes preinstalled) for a facecam and my voice. My webcam has bad audio so I was wanting...
  10. Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 The default sound input device is the device that Windows uses to record or hear sound. When you connect more than one microphone or other recording devices...