Windows 10: change the default e-mail for windows license

Discus and support change the default e-mail for windows license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been using Windows for 20 years and have moved to a new state. My old internet provider wanted my e-mail address back. My machine is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dan McClellan, Mar 29, 2021.

1. change the default e-mail for windows license

I have been using Windows for 20 years and have moved to a new state. My old internet provider wanted my e-mail address back. My machine is still running fine, but I am considering replacing it. I am concerned about getting the new machine attached to all of my old records using a new e-mail address. I believe I have already created an alias of the new e-mail on the old machine, but this is foreign territory to me. Any suggestions?

:)

Dan McClellan, Mar 29, 2021
  2. JNRAtlas Win User

How to change the default e-mail in the Edge browser to Outlook vs. Windows Mail?

Original Title: Edge default e-mail

Hello - Does anyone know how to change the default e-mail in the Edge browser to Outlook vs. Windows Mail? Thanks.

PS. Nice that MS does not even list Edge as an option in the Category section of this forum.

JNRAtlas, Mar 29, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Mar 29, 2021
  4. change the default e-mail for windows license

default e mail in Windows 8

I cannot send e mail on this Windows 8. Keeps telling me there is no default e mail associated. Looked on You Tube. Followed directions until I get to Mailto. Do not see in the list of defaults. Go into app store to search and a 4.99 app comes up.
    Where is the Microsoft outlook?

vickyrusso, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

change the default e-mail for windows license

1. change the default e-mail for windows license - Similar Threads - change default mail

2. Changing e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing e-mail address: Recently I've come home and since I remember I have a PC with Windows 8.1 not in the best state, but still working I'd want to change the e-mail address linked with the account I have on my PC. I'd also want to change the e-mail address on my Microsoft account. At the same...
  3. Changing e-mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing e-mail address: Recently I've come home and since I remember I have a PC with Windows 8.1 not in the best state, but still working I'd want to change the e-mail address linked with the account I have on my PC. I'd also want to change the e-mail address on my Microsoft account. At the same...
  4. Changing an e-mail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing an e-mail address: We moved house last year and we changed our e-mail address to include an indication of our new address. However, I am finding it impossible to close the old e-mail address in Microsoft and transfer any information still retained on it to our new e-mail address. I have tried...
  5. How do I change default e-mail client / e-mail address when sharing newspaper articles?

How do I change default e-mail client / e-mail address when sharing newspaper articles?: I am trying to transition the default e-mail client / e-mail address that I use to try to share articles with friends and family from various newspapers. It seems that they all default to my hotmail address and client and don't seem to offer settings to change this within...
  6. configure the default e-mail application

configure the default e-mail application: I want G-mail to be the default email application on my Windows 10 PC - how do I accomplish this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-the-default-e-mail-application/255ae6ce-478b-4f95-b90a-8e7f313eee3e
  7. Default e-mail not working and no choices

in Browsers and Email
    Default e-mail not working and no choices: I use an email client but can't set it as default anymore. I used to be able to choose it as a default. In the latest update, to change my default email it offers me the windows mail or to look on the microsoft store. Why can I no longer pick the one I want from my computer....
  8. Change default e-mail app in Microsoft Teams

Change default e-mail app in Microsoft Teams: Hello Everyone, Our employer recently rolled out Microsoft Teams to our laptops and it was integrated with Skype so there is no going back to Skype. When I start a chat with one of my colleagues and I want to send him an email from that chat, I click on his name in the top...
  9. Default e-mail client not chosen ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default e-mail client not chosen ?: Appears to be a 'one-off' situation where an APP I've used for many years to send reports (a PDF file) works fine on 2 of my 3 Dell Latitude laptops ... but can't get a proper operation on one laptop. All three laptops have new/fresh/clean installations of Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Default E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Default E-Mail: Installed 10 and now can't find how to make Yahoo my default e-mail 17417