Windows 10: Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files

Discus and support Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The default is always UTF-8 What should I do? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hashem.vP, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Hashem.vP Win User

Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files

The default is always UTF-8

What should I do?

Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files e8b46474-93db-41fa-ae4a-fd216cd1647a?upload=true.png

:)

Hashem.vP, Jan 5, 2019

2. What is the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files

Hi Ahmad,

When saving text files using Notepad, the default text encoding format is set to
    ANSI. On the other hand, if you open a text file on a computer that's using a different encoding, the computer displays whatever the character corresponds to. A character encoding is a system that pairs each character in a supported
    character set with some value that represents that character. Thus, selecting appropriate encoding format is considered before saving the file.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    default encodeing format for txt files

Hi Lotus,

Notepad normally uses ANSI encoding - this is the default and it cannot be changed.

There is no equivalent of Normal.dot with Notepad

You have to manually change the encoding between ANSI, Unicode and UTF-8 each time you save a file . . .

DaveM121, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files

What is the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files

I'd like to know what the default text format encoding is for MS-Notepad; is it:

1. ANSI

2. Unicode

3. Unicode big endian

4. UTF-8

Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files 9ba40934-8201-4f37-8d0c-cd571df577ed?upload=true.png

Which of these four is it? Thanks in advance for your support.

[ Moved from: Office / Unknown/other/ Unknown/other / Windows 10
    ]

Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files

1. Change the default encoding for saving MS-Notepad files - Similar Threads - Change default encoding

2. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  3. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  4. Is there a way to change NOTEPAD's default 'SAVE AS' from '.TXT' into '*.*'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change NOTEPAD's default 'SAVE AS' from '.TXT' into '*.*'?: As the title suggests, is there a way to change NOTEPAD's default 'SAVE AS'? I'm using Windows 10 btw. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-notepads-default-save-as/6533ec14-fc58-46d2-bea9-03a536528629
  5. Is there a way to change NOTEPAD's default 'SAVE AS' from '.TXT' into '*.*'?

Is there a way to change NOTEPAD's default 'SAVE AS' from '.TXT' into '*.*'?: As the title suggests, is there a way to change NOTEPAD's default 'SAVE AS'? I'm using Windows 10 btw. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-notepads-default-save-as/6533ec14-fc58-46d2-bea9-03a536528629
  6. Is there a way to change NOTEPAD's default 'SAVE AS' from '.TXT' into '*.*'?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to change the default Character Encoding in Notepad on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the default Character Encoding in Notepad on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to change the default character encoding in Notepad in Windows 10, […] This article How to change the default Character Encoding in Notepad on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. notepad option save as encoding - unicode - does not exist anymore

notepad option save as encoding - unicode - does not exist anymore: I used to have the option to save files in notepad as unicode. I upgraded to Windows 10, Microsoft365 and the option is completely gone. All I have is ANSI, and a few UTF options. Any suggestions? Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family...
  9. Change default save as file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default save as file format: Hi Normally my laptop default save as file is jpeg. Recently I downloaded tiff file to my laptop. And now my default save as file change to tiff format. Please help how to change back to jpeg format....
  10. CE character encoding in Notepad

CE character encoding in Notepad: I hate Windows feature that enforces installing localized software - e.g. I live in Poland so if I set my location as "Poland" many apps will be installed with Polish interface, which I don't want to. Therefore I've installed my OS in en-US version and left US as my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why we use enconding before saving a html file

2. windows 10 notepad change to default ansi

3. 2018 windows 10 notepad settings ansi to utf-8