Windows 10: Change the default file explorer

Discus and support Change the default file explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CandidSchedule1281, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Change the default file explorer

I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer?

submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CandidSchedule1281, Jan 28, 2021

2. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 28, 2021
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Change the default file explorer

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Change the default file explorer

1. Change the default file explorer - Similar Threads - Change default file

2. how to change default file explorer in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change default file explorer in windows: So, i basically want to set the default file browser to Windows File Explorerwhich is currently set to 'Files - File Manager for Windows' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-file-explorer-in-windows/06fd4938-48d7-4423-bdaa-c9d0236c2a7b
  3. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  4. How to change default file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default file explorer?: I just downloaded an app from Microsoft store called Files - Preview it's a really good app and I would like to use it as default file explorer I looked in the app and there isn't an option for it also no options for it on default apps submitted by /u/Kat_TRL [link]...
  5. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  6. Change windows default file Explorer

Change windows default file Explorer: I have downloaded the Files file explorer as it has tabs. How would I change it to be the default explorer? I want win+e to open it and it to open when invoking the explorer from other programs. submitted by /u/InTheKnow_12 [link] [comments]...
  7. Change File Explorer to default theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change File Explorer to default theme: I recently tried a theme for my file explorer which I watched from YouTube. And now I want to turn it to the default file explorer theme.. Does anyone know how to change it back? This is what my current file explorer looks like [ATTACH]...
  8. change default file explorer?

change default file explorer?: Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer submitted by /u/KibSquib47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh2stm/change_default_file_explorer/
  9. Change File Explorer Default Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change File Explorer Default Setting: Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to change my default viewing setting inside File Explorer. The setting I prefer is "Large Icons" & sorted by "Type", but it seems that every time I go back to a folder I must select these options again. The current default is "Details" &...
  10. Changing default Date column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default Date column in File Explorer: One change I dislike in Win 10 is the 'Date' column. This seems to be the same as Date Created, which I rarely want to see. By far the most useful date for me is Date Modified, which was the standard in XP. How do I set that as the column that will always appear in all...