Windows 10: Change the default input language when the computer starts

Discus and support Change the default input language when the computer starts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When the computer resumes from sleep or starts the input language, the one that the small symbol on the right of the bottom bar on the screen, is one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KarolR, Mar 22, 2019.

1. KarolR Win User

Change the default input language when the computer starts

When the computer resumes from sleep or starts the input language, the one that the small symbol on the right of the bottom bar on the screen, is one of the 2 languages i set.
    I want it to be the second language.
    Should i change my region? will it help, there are many countries...

:)

KarolR, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Nisei Win User

Windows reverting to wrong input language

My Windows display language is set to English (United States) which is the only language pack I have installed.
    I have several input languages enabled because I need to be able to switch when inputting in different languages.
    In the Language control panel I have set English (United States) at the top of the list. However, after every reboot Windows reverts my input language to German which is at the bottom of my list.
    In the Advanced Settings of the Language control panel I have now set "Override for default input method" to English as well but still to no avail.
    What else is there to change? I'm getting fed up having to change the input language every time I start up my PC.

Nisei, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Change the default input language when the computer starts

After every restarting, my PC input language changes to Serbian

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Your default keyboard layout or input method is the one that’s automatically used with the language you see Windows in (for example, the QWERTY keyboard for American English). If you want to keep your Windows language
    the same but use a different keyboard automatically, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel by right clicking on the Start Button.
    • Enter Add a language in the search box, and then tap or click
      Add a language.
    • Tap or click Advanced settings.
    • Under Override for default input method, choose the keyboard layout or input method you'd like to be your new default,
      and then tap or click Save.
    Note: If you don't see the keyboard layout or input method you want, then you haven't added it to your input method list. To
    Add a keyboard layout or input method for a language see the steps below:

• Type Region And Language in the Windows search Bar and select
      Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language you want to add a keyboard to, and then tap or click
      Options.
    • Tap or click Add a keyboard, browse the input method list for the one you want to use, and then tap or click it.

Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Change the default input language when the computer starts

1. Change the default input language when the computer starts - Similar Threads - Change default input

2. Can't Change Default Apps for open files when input language is chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Default Apps for open files when input language is chinese: select any file, right click, attribute,then click change Open with. and Select an app from your computer.When input language is chinese . try input something.the window No response and can't close it.when input language is english ,it's ok....
  3. Can't Change Default Apps for open files when input language is chinese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Change Default Apps for open files when input language is chinese: select any file, right click, attribute,then click change Open with. and Select an app from your computer.When input language is chinese . try input something.the window No response and can't close it.when input language is english ,it's ok....
  4. How to use English as default input language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use English as default input language?: For window 10 Traditional Chinese version, I would like to know on how to set English as default input language and remove any Chinese input. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  5. Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.: I use English as a language, but living in Spain I use a Spanish keyboard. (Sometimes I write in Spanish) Every time I turn on my Surface I have to manually change the settings to ENG/ES - ENG being the input language and ES being the keyboard input. Every time, if I...
  6. How to change default input language for Korean IME

How to change default input language for Korean IME: Hello, I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME. When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode. I have to change Korean IME state English to Korean(Hangul). How can I make Korean input mode(Hangul) is default in...
  7. change input language

change input language: Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic language on display has been changed to Japanese successfully. However, I still have a difficulty in typing in Japanese. The...
  8. Change default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default language: Have a clients PC, Windows 10 Home, that the default language was changed from French (Canadian) to English by a tech for troubleshooting here . (Florida) They're going back home (Canada) and wants the default language restored to the French. I'm not the original tech and...
  9. Change Default Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Default Language: I was install the windows 10 pro with usb flash driver but the setup is choose no other option the language of Deutsch so I change the language in English. I no understood the deutsch language so please help me....
  10. Problem with input languages (changing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with input languages (changing): Hello to all! I have a weird problem and it doesn't happen all the time, so I can't reproduce it. I spotted it 7-8 months ago and it happens again and again, more and more. The truth is that it's more irritating, than an actual problem. I use a computer that has two...