Windows 10: Change the default login for Microsoft Store apps?

Discus and support Change the default login for Microsoft Store apps? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello all. I'm having difficulties with my login credentials for apps from the Microsoft Store. When I first got this PC, I set up my Gmail account... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AdamW86, Apr 25, 2020.

1. AdamW86 Win User

Change the default login for Microsoft Store apps?

Hello all. I'm having difficulties with my login credentials for apps from the Microsoft Store.

When I first got this PC, I set up my Gmail account as the Administrator account. However my Xbox profile is set up with my Hotmail account.

So when I open up apps from the app store, it will automatically try to sign me in with the Gmail account. My 2 options are allow app to signing with Gmail, or don't. There's no option to change to my Hotmail account.

I'm using the Xbox Console Companion and it's set up with my Hotmail, but this doesn't effect anything.

I guess my 2 questions are:

-Can I change the email address of my Administrator account?

-If I create a second Windows profile, can I set up my Hotmail as the email & will the apps use that to login instead?

:)

AdamW86, Apr 25, 2020

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Apr 25, 2020
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 25, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Change the default login for Microsoft Store apps? - Similar Threads - Change default login

2. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app: I have been having trouble signing in on my desktop and it keeps giving me an error. I already tried reinstall ms store , resetting cache and etc but nothing is working...
  3. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  4. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  5. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?

in Browsers and Email
    Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?: I'm 99% sure that when I used File > Email Link from my Firefox browser it would always open my preferred and long standing application, Agent (from Forte). But today I got this message: [img] On going to Settings > Apps & Features > Default Apps I cannot find any way to...
  7. Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?: I'm 99% sure that when I used File > Email Link from my Firefox browser it would always open my preferred and long standing application, Agent (from Forte). But today I got this message: [img] On going to Settings > Apps & Features > Default Apps I cannot find any way to...
  8. Unable to login to Microsoft App Store

Unable to login to Microsoft App Store: Hello I am trying to login to App store but it always gives me error " I need Internet connection" with an error code. I contacted Microsoft Chat support and they suggested to update my Windows 10 to latest ver which I already did. Now For some reason I am unable to...
  9. default apps from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default apps from microsoft store: hello, some apps are installed default from store, even i don't use them and i uninstall these apps but they will automatically install again after some time. how to solve this?...
  10. Microsoft Store - default apps cant be removed ?

Microsoft Store - default apps cant be removed ?: Hello, Earlier today, after trying to remove Acronis, I found myself unable to boot my computer, so ended up reverting the installation using the Troubleshooting functionality. This all worked pretty well, however, the Microsoft Store appears to now have a problem. Its...