Windows 10: Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

Discus and support Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Deb Kelly, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Deb Kelly Win User

Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default?

:)

Deb Kelly, Mar 7, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 7, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1709 OS Build 16299.64 installed. I was trying to set the default view for the search results window to "list" view rather then 'Content', so I don't have to right-click in the window and select "View->List" every time
    I use the search feature.

Artoo Smith, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

How to make details view default view for windows 10?

How do get rid of the icons and make detail view the default view on my windows 10 desktop? The following article suggests that using ctrl+shift+6 will do this, but I have been unsuccessful in getting this key sequence to work.

https://winaero.com/blog/set-details-content-or-list-view-for-desktop-icons-in-windows-10/

Is it possible to show details view only or not?

thanks for any help.

Paul

paulsutherland1, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

1. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View) - Similar Threads - Change Default Search

2. Change default view for the search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default view for the search results: Is there a way to set thedefault view for the search results in file explorer without having to changeit every time I use the search feature? I would like the default view be for:1. Documents, not web. This should be the default view as oneonly need go to search engine for...
  3. Details View option

Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  4. file contents view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file contents view: When I open file explorer and open a file, all the icons display as if they are empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-contents-view/232cd89d-c8c1-4f4e-a8e8-9d49a8dff7e8
  5. search results to be in DETAILS view

in Windows 10 Support
    search results to be in DETAILS view: When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10 165737
  6. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS: I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL? Windows 10 pro Any help for this would be appreciated. Thank you 163751
  7. Viewing Clipboard Contents

Viewing Clipboard Contents: When I hold the windows key and hit "v" I do not get a display of the clipboard contents. I am using Windows 10 and a Chrome browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-clipboard-contents/4cdb418f-28b0-4d25-9604-7ef44ada10aa
  8. Default View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default View: W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view. I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed...
  9. Change default details view for MTP devices?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default details view for MTP devices?: Windows 10 insists that the camera folder on my phone is going to be viewed as though it contains music and won't allow changing its default to just generic file details. Thus the details view header has a bunch of categories that are useless for photos, track name,...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344