Windows 10: Change the desktop to look like the old traditional windows dektop

Discus and support Change the desktop to look like the old traditional windows dektop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I change the desktop to look like the older windows traditional desktop. Sometimes it shows up but doesn't stay.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilPaulsen, May 24, 2019.

1. Change the desktop to look like the old traditional windows dektop

Can I change the desktop to look like the older windows traditional desktop. Sometimes it shows up but doesn't stay.

:)

PhilPaulsen, May 24, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. OTEC.CA Win User
    Traditional Chinese pinyin keyboard in window 10

How to HanYuPinYin to input Traditional Chinese in Windows 10?

step 1: In Windows 10 , go to "settings"; "Time &" Language"; "Region & Language"; "Add a language"; "Chinese (Simplied)".

please note: the (Simplified) includes the Traditional words.

Step 2: under the "Language", select "中文(中华人民共和国)“;”Options“; ”Keyboards“;select ”Microsoft Pinyin“;”options“。

Step 3:under ”Microsoft PinYin“, select”Character sets”, choose A character sets from (simplified Chinese) to (Traditional Chinese). The job is done!

Please note: Although you can use this method to input hanyupinyin and get the traditional Chinese characters, but if you need to switch to Simplified Chinese, you have to go to the step 3 again and change the Character Set from Traditional Chinese to the
    Simplified Chinese. I hope Microsoft or its developers can add some patch to fix it so that in the future, users can easily switch language from English or Chinese Traditional or Chinese Simplified modes.

Some other people suggested to use HongKong Traditional Chinese and bopomofo keyboard, but you can not select the candidite font (同音字)。I think Microsoft engineer may fix this bug in the future.

OTEC.CA, May 24, 2019
  4. Yorgaki Win User

Change the desktop to look like the old traditional windows dektop

It looks like Windows didn't load correctly

What about if you can't book to Window's desktop, which is what happens in my case with a five month old Dell XPS13 with a solid-state drive.

• Are you able to boot into Desktop? - no

• Do you get any error message when you try to load Windows? - no specific error message
    Upon getting the "Recovery: Looks like Windows didn't load properly" I am given two options:

1. Continue

2. Advanced repair options

Continuing doesn't work; computer screen just goes dark.

Repairing gives me several options, like booting from a device etc. Would appreciate guidance on what to do here.

Thanks.

Yorgaki, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Change the desktop to look like the old traditional windows dektop

1. Change the desktop to look like the old traditional windows dektop - Similar Threads - Change desktop old

2. My Windows search bar changed recently to look like this, is there anyway to change it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows search bar changed recently to look like this, is there anyway to change it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ucantknowit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqmda8/my_windows_search_bar_changed_recently_to_look/
  3. Make desktop look like file explorer?

Make desktop look like file explorer?: Is there any way to do this in Windows 10? What I mean is, instead of icons on the desktop with the background, make it like the detailed folder view of file explorer. submitted by /u/ps4facts [link] [comments]...
  4. Default font looks like the from old versions of windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default font looks like the from old versions of windows: This wasn't the font until I turned on my computer yesterday morning. I am confident this font looks like the one from Windows XP. Also selecting on desktop looks like it's from earlier versions too. But that isn't the case in file explorer. Note: This happens on almost app,...
  5. Why is this looking like this?

Why is this looking like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArchMD96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhf4nm/why_is_this_looking_like_this/
  6. Desktop looks like this,can anyone help

Desktop looks like this,can anyone help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigpeepeeCactus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hez0bf/desktop_looks_like_thiscan_anyone_help/
  7. Sudden change in traditional Paint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sudden change in traditional Paint: How to drag a figure in Paint across the screen? The figure retains its shape; in earlier versions of Paint, it was done holding down the control key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-change-in-traditional-paint/4135d22b-d354-4854-9099-0f0eff926866
  8. Windows 10 Desktop Display has changed weird looking like XP display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Display has changed weird looking like XP display: Texts looks like pixels. I cannot explain the change has been on my desktop but as you will see on the attached photos default windows 10 display has been changed. I see the difference only on the desktop and browser. Please help me!! [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx?

How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx?: I and a friend of mine are trying to find out how we can rickroll our students, by making one of the files be an mp4 file for Never Gonna Give You Up. But we can't change the desktop icon under properties like on other file types, can we please get some help? submitted by...
  10. How to Return to Traditional Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Return to Traditional Desktop: I went through all the settings last night, making changes as desired, and somehow managed to screw up my desktop. Instead of seeing my icons on the background and in the taskbar, I have a bunch of start menu tiles covering the screen. I know it's probably a simple matter to...