Windows 10: Change the display name when Windows 10 boots

Discus and support Change the display name when Windows 10 boots in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My full name displays when Windows 10 boots and on of my relatives computer her outlook email displays when Windows 10 boots. How can I change the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ryan_K_2017, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Change the display name when Windows 10 boots

My full name displays when Windows 10 boots and on of my relatives computer her outlook email displays when Windows 10 boots.

How can I change the names on the computers to display whatever we want, when Windows 10 boots?

Thanks,

Ryan

:)

Ryan_K_2017, Jun 29, 2019

2. Changing the Log-on/Display name

Hi Ian,

To change your sign-in screen name on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts.

• Hit the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser and load your profile.

• In the main page, click the Edit name link.

• Change your name and last name, and click Save.

• Restart your computer.

Note: It is important to know that following these steps, you will also be changing the name on your outlook.com account and other Microsoft services, as well as the account name that is connected with your Microsoft account.

In line with this, you may also create a new account name on Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Type user on the search bar; then, click User Accounts.
    • Click on change your account name option; then, change the name and check if it helps.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 29, 2019
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Change the display name when Windows 10 boots

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Change the display name when Windows 10 boots

1. Change the display name when Windows 10 boots - Similar Threads - Change display name

2. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change displayed name?: Hello!I have changed my name and now my deadname is showing everywhere - on the Microsoft apps and on my laptop. I really don't want to see my old name. What can I do?...
  3. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change displayed name?: Hello!I have changed my name and now my deadname is showing everywhere - on the Microsoft apps and on my laptop. I really don't want to see my old name. What can I do?...
  4. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.

Changing the full name that is displayed in the Windows login.: I wanted to change the name that is displayed in the Windows login, I couldn't change it on the Microsoft or neither did I find a way in Windows Settings, so I tried the method my friend told me to use. I typed control userpasswords2 in the Windows Run window it brough me to...
  6. Change AzureAD Display Name

Change AzureAD Display Name: I want to change the AzureAD Display Name.Example:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** from Windows 10 to Azure ADPopulates:AzureAD\TestUserNameDesired:AzureAD\TestHow is it possible to make this change and to edit the usernames for the Windows 10 OS for the users...
  7. Windows 10 mail - cannot change display name

Windows 10 mail - cannot change display name: Hi everybody,I am using mail for Windows 10 and faces the problem that I cannot use different display names for different gmail accounts. When adding first account, program asked me what display name I want. When adding another account - I did not get same question. 1st...
  8. How to change the name displayed when sharing files by email.

How to change the name displayed when sharing files by email.: [ATTACH] I shared a photo by email by right clicking on the file in explorer and selecting share. I used gmail to do this. As part of the set up I was asked to add a message. I wasn't sure what this was for so I entered 'photo' as I was sending a photo. But now whenever I...
  9. Change display name in Mail for Windows 10

Change display name in Mail for Windows 10: I would like to change the display name for a google account in the Windows Mail app, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. The display name is the name that other people see when they receive an e-mail for you, and the name which replaces the mail address when...
  10. Need to change windows 10 email display name

in Browsers and Email
    Need to change windows 10 email display name: Windows 10 Email APP I need to update my last name. I go to SETTINGS MANAGE ACCOUNTS There is no box to update ANY name change. I could do a work around by deleting and reinstalling the account, but that will delete ALL my email. Is there a way to get to this in...